Odisha firefighter electrocuted

Bhubaneswar, Sep 22 (IANS) A 22-year-old firefighter was electrocuted Sunday during a training exercise in Odisha, police said.

Sunil Soren died in Keonjhar district's block headquarters town of Hatadihi, about 160 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.

He accidentally touched a high voltage overhead power line while jumping from a ladder, police said.

He died on way to hospital, inspector-in-charge of Nandipada Police station J.P. Nayak told IANS.

Two other firefighters were injured when Soren fell on them, he said.

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.

Matches