Pune, July 8 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday said that his Ministry took prompt action and sent National Investigation Agency (NIA) and National Security Guard (NSG) teams immediately after the multiple blasts ion Bodh Gaya.
Shinde, however, refused to reveal more details about the incident, and said that the probe is underway.
Shinde earlier on Sunday informed that nine blasts took place at the pilgrimage town of Bodh Gaya.
"There were a total of nine blasts. Four blasts happened in the temple complex, three blasts occurred in the Bargi monastery, one blast near the Buddha statue and one blast took place in a parked tourist bus," he told the media in New Delhi.
Shinde further said two live bombs were detected and defused by security agencies in and around the Mahabodhi temple complex in Bodh Gaya.
The NIA has begun probing the serial blasts, which rocked the temple town of Bodh Gaya yesterday.
Two monks were injured in the nine low intensity blasts.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami yesterday termed the blasts as a terror attack.
Security agencies suspect that Indian Mujahideen may be behind yesterday's multiple blasts.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
The Home Ministry has directed all states to ensure foolproof security at Buddhist shrines and Tibetan settlements.
Bihar Police has detained one person from Gaya for questioning in connection with the serial blasts.
According to television reports, the man was detained on the basis of eyewitness accounts and the ongoing investigations. He, however, has not yet been declared a suspect. (ANI)