Islamabad, Sept. 20 (ANI): Former Pakistani President General Pervez Musharraf has been issued a notice by the Islamabad High Court (IHC) in response to a writ petition seeking registration of second FIR against him in alleged role of suicide blast at the entrance of District Courts in July 2007.
Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui issued notices to General Musharraf and former DG Intelligence Bureau (IB) Ejaz Shahin in response to a writ petition of a former protocol officer of Benazir Bhutto who alleged that both accused were the perpetrators of the suicide attack, the Nation reports.
The suicide blast that occurred at the main gate of the District Courts Islamabad before the address of then deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry in July 2007 killed at least 14 people and injured 45 others.
According to the report, most of the people killed in the blast belonged to Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).
Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) Rawalpindi had earlier directed to release six accused, who were arrested after the incident, due to lack of evidence against them.
Bhutto's former protocol officer Chaudhry Mohammad Aslam had moved an application before the additional district and sessions judge of Islamabad seeking a registration of second FIR in this matter.
However, the judge turned down the application and an appeal against the decision had been pending before the IHC for settlement.
The counsel said his client's petition was earlier rejected since Musharraf was not present in the country, but now since he has been under the judicial custody at his farmhouse sub-jail, the court issued him notices and directed him to submit his reply in this case.
Aslam also said the former Punjab chief minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi also cooperated with them in the suicide blast. (ANI)