New Delhi: Pakistan’s fast bowlers should be credited for making all the difference between the two teams in the ongoing ODI series, feels captain Misbah-ul Haq.
Talking to newspersons on the eve of the third and final one-dayer on Sunday, Misbah said: “We have not been successful because of just any one department. I feel that our team has done really well in all three departments…
“That’s why we are leading the series 2-0. But the biggest difference between the sides has been our fast bowling. Our spinners have always been good, but in this series the way the fast bowlers bowled has been the key,” said a smiling Pak captain.
Asked about the changes to be made in the team for the final ODI, Misbah said: “If we make any changes, it will be only to strengthen the team not just for the sake of it. We are leading 2-0 and would definitely like to make it 3-0 in the end.”
Misbah didn’t put any emphasis on playing in the cold conditions. “It will be a little different for our players after playing in Chennai and Calcutta but before coming here we practised in Lahore and the conditions there were pretty similar to Delhi.”
Advising the Indians to work hard to return to form, Misbah said: Our preparations have been exemplary. We have practised in conditions that we expect to find wherever we go to play. We have prepared very well and the results are there for all to see.
“All that I can say about the Indians that they should work hard. There is no short cut, there is no alternative. In our case, all we need to do is to stick to the basics. That’s the only way to get the desired results,” he said.
Expecting a tall-scoring contest in Delhi, Misbah said: “This pitch looks better than the two previous ones. In the last three-four days before the matches in Chennai and Calcutta, there was no sunshine to dry up the surfaces but I think this will be better for batting because there is not much moisture. I don’t think there is any advantage in winning the toss or any disadvantage in losing it here.”
Asked how much help the team received from former skipper Inzamam-ul Haq, who interacted with the Pakistan team before they came to India, Misbah said: “He was of great help.
“He is such a great player who has a lot of experience of playing against India and producing big performances against them. He knows of the pressures of playing against India, and how to handle those pressures as a batsman.”
Misbah advises Indians to work hardThe Telegraph – Sun 6 Jan, 2013 10:11 AM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- PAK won by 75 runsvs. PAKENG1st TestThu, Jul 14, 2016London, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- live match ENG 98/1 (21 Overs)vs. PAKENG2nd TestLIVEPAK 198/10; ENG 589/8(D);Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM1st TestThu, Jul 28, 2016Thu, Jul 28, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
1 - 4 of 20