Minor fire at India Habitat Centre

New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) A minor fire on the fourth floor of HUDCO Bhawan, a multi-storeyed building at India Habitat Centre, here Monday afternoon left a man injured, a fire official said.

"Gopal, 32, a caretaker of the building, was injured when he slipped while trying to douse the fire with a fire extinguisher," said an officer. He has been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital.

Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot. They took 45 minutes to douse the fire.

Police said an electrical short circuit in the air-conditioning duct may have sparked the fire. Some files and furniture were destroyed.

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.

Matches