500g - Basmati Rice
1 cup - Amul Milk
2 - Bananas
1 bunch - Grapes
½ cup - Cherries
Few drops - Rose Essence
½ cup - Dried Cranberries
50g - Kaju (Cashews)
50g - Kishmish (Raisins)
50g - Badam (Almonds)
150g - Amul Ghee
Few pods - Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
2 - Tej Patta (Bay Leaves)
Few - Laung (Cloves)
2 sticks - Dalchini (Cinnamon)
100g - Mawa
To taste - Salt
Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes. Heat water in a pan and make a potli in a muslin cloth of dalchini, elaichi, laung, tej patta and put it in the water.
Drain the rice and add it to the water. Add salt to taste, cover the pan with a lid and let the rice cook. Once the rice has cooked, remove from heat and drain the excess water.
Now in another pan, sauté the dried cranberries, kishmish, kaju and badam. Add the milk and mawa to the sautéed dry fruits. Take off heat and cool.When the milk has cooled, add rose essence. Chop the fresh fruit and add to the milk mixture, keep it till fruits get completely soaked in milk. Pour the milk mixture over the rice, toss and serve warm.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Navratan Luqma
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Mon 8 Apr, 2013 4:21 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- AUS won by 59 runsvs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- IND won by 117 runsvs. INDSL3rd TestFri, Aug 28, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG3rd ODITue, Sep 08, 2015Tue, Sep 08, 2015Manchester, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG4th ODIFri, Sep 11, 2015Fri, Sep 11, 2015Leeds, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...