500g - Basmati Rice
1 cup - Amul Milk
2 - Bananas
1 bunch - Grapes
½ cup - Cherries
Few drops - Rose Essence
½ cup - Dried Cranberries
50g - Kaju (Cashews)
50g - Kishmish (Raisins)
50g - Badam (Almonds)
150g - Amul Ghee
Few pods - Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
2 - Tej Patta (Bay Leaves)
Few - Laung (Cloves)
2 sticks - Dalchini (Cinnamon)
100g - Mawa
To taste - Salt
Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes. Heat water in a pan and make a potli in a muslin cloth of dalchini, elaichi, laung, tej patta and put it in the water.
Drain the rice and add it to the water. Add salt to taste, cover the pan with a lid and let the rice cook. Once the rice has cooked, remove from heat and drain the excess water.
Now in another pan, sauté the dried cranberries, kishmish, kaju and badam. Add the milk and mawa to the sautéed dry fruits. Take off heat and cool.When the milk has cooled, add rose essence. Chop the fresh fruit and add to the milk mixture, keep it till fruits get completely soaked in milk. Pour the milk mixture over the rice, toss and serve warm.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Navratan Luqma
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Mon 8 Apr, 2013 4:21 PM IST
- AUS won by 95 runsvs. INDAUS2nd Semi FinalThu, Mar 26, 2015Sydney, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- NZ won by 4 wkts.vs. SANZ1st Semi FinalTue, Mar 24, 2015Auckland, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- NZ won by 143 runsvs. WINZ4th Quarter FinalSat, Mar 21, 2015Wellington, New ZealandWorld Cup Coverage...
- live match NZ 159/6 (39 Overs)vs. NZAUSFinalLIVECurrent Run Rate 4.07Melbourne, AustraliaWorld Cup Coverage...
- vs. MUMKOLMatch 1Wed, Apr 08, 2015Wed, Apr 08, 2015Kolkata, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. DELCHEMatch 2Thu, Apr 09, 2015Thu, Apr 09, 2015Chennai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. RAJMOHMatch 3Fri, Apr 10, 2015Fri, Apr 10, 2015Pune, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...