For the Cashew Crumble:
50 gms - Sugar
2 tbsp - Maple syrup
50 gms - Cashew
1 tsp - Elaichi
50 gms - Cow Milk Chhena
1 tbsp - Rose Water
Few - Pista
Few - Badam
Few - Kesar
2 tbsp - Castor Sugar
For the Pista Ball:
100 g - Pista Soaked in Water
50 g - Sugar
1 tsp - Elaichi Powder
For the Santra barfi:
1 cup - Grated white pumpkin
1 tbsp - Orange Zest
1 tbsp - Orange Color
100g - Sugar
1 tbsp - Rose Water
For the Sauce:
25g - Sugar
75 g - Milk
50 g - Fresh milk malai
1 pc - Nutmeg
Pinch - Mace
Pinch - Cinnamon
1 - Tulsi
1 pcs - Banana
200 g - Watermelon
1 cup - Fresh Coconut
To make the cashew crumble: Heat a thick bottomed pan, on moderate heat, add sugar, and slowly increase the heat, till sugar melts, and slightly caramelized.
Chop cashew finely, add to the melted sugar, and remove on a buttered tray, flatten with a spatula, into thin crisp. Cut into shape and keep
To make the Santra barfi: Heat thick bottomed pan, on moderate heat, add white pumpkin which has been pulverized, add sugar and cook, do not brown, but make sure that the water is dried. Remove and cool, and check if there is any water left, if yes, then cook again, to dry water. Once this paste is dry enough to mold, add rose water orange zest and orange color. Wet hands and form balls.
To make the sondesh: Spread the muslin cloth flat, place chena in the middle, make a poultice, and squeeze, till all water is removed. Remove and place in mixing bowl add sugar and knead it gently add rose water and incorporate, lightly. Never use a heavy hand, as this will compact the chena. Fill mold and keep it aside till set, approximately 5 min. Decorate with strips of crushed pistachio and almonds, scatter few strands of saffron.
To make the Pista ball: Heat water in a pan add pistachios and blanch them for 2~3 min; strain out and let them cool. Then remove the skins of some pistachios but reserve a few for chopping. Put the peeled pistachios in the blender, add cardamom powder, and sugar, and blend till fine paste. Chop reserve pistachio finely and mix it with the paste. Dip hands in cold water and make pista ball.
Fruit Balls ~ Banana 1 piece, use a scoop to make small balls, add a dash of lemon immediately
Malai – Take Malai and chill in freezer and shape.
Indian Tulsi -Pick small leaves, and wash and keep.
To make the sauce: Boil all ingredients in a pan, stir constantly, reduce to sauce consistency and rest till cold. If needed place in chiller.
To plate your dish: Place Cashew Praline at bottom and add rest of the elements one by one on top of each other, scatter a few slivers of tulsi leaves on this and drizzle sauce.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Mandir Bhog
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 4:09 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- NZ won by 7 wkts.vs. BANNZ1st TestWed, Jan 11, 2017Wellington, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...
- IND won by 3 wkts.vs. ENGIND1st ODISun, Jan 15, 2017Pune, IndiaEngland in India ODI Serie...
- NED won by 5 wkts.vs. OMNNEDMatch 3Sun, Jan 15, 2017Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- live match HK 85/9 (18 Overs)vs. OMNHKMatch 5LIVECurrent Run Rate 4.72Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. AFGUAEMatch 6Mon, Jan 16, 2017Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. NAMIREMatch 7Tue, Jan 17, 2017Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...
- Upcoming matchvs. SCONEDMatch 8Tue, Jan 17, 2017Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesDesert T20 Challenge, 2017...