For the Kachori:
½ kg - Maida
1 lt - Oil (for frying)
½ tsp - Jeera (Cumin seeds)
½ tsp - Rai (Mustard seeds)
½ tsp - Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
A pinch - Hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp - Lal Mirch Powder (Red Chili Powder)
½ tsp - Sabut Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds)
100 g - Besan (Gram Flour)
100 g - Oil
50 g - Moong Dal, soaked
20 g - Sugar
For the Jalebi:
1 kg - Maida (Refined Flour)
½ cup - Yoghurt
1 kg - Sugar
200 g - Oil
Few - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
For the Rabdi:
1 lt - Fresh Buffalo milk
2 - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
30g - Sugar
To make the kachori: Knead together the flour, oil and water till it forms a dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
Take 100g oil and make a tadka using jeera, rai, khada dhaniya and hing. Add 10g sugar, red chili powder. Add 100 g of besan to the mixture, when it starts turning pink, add soaked moong dal.
Now take maida dough and make small pedhas of maida, Flatten them and add the besan and moong dal stuffing in good amount and seal it with fingers.
Deep fry the kachoris in ½ lt oil on low flame. Don’t turn till one side is completely done brown.
To make the jalebi: Heat oil in jalebi pan. Take 200g of maida, and make a flowing consistency paste with ½ cup yoghurt. Rest for 24 hours to ferment. Pipe out the Jalebis into the hot hoil with the help of a piping bag if cloth is not available. Make one string consistency sugar syrup and add eliachi to it.
To make the rabdi: Boil the milk in a big kadhai. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and stop stirring. Keep scraping down the sides of the kadhai and collecting the cream (fat) as it collects there. Continue boiling the milk till 20-25 g is left.
Add 30 g sugar and 1-2 pods of chotti elaichi to the milk. Mix the collected cream with the milk. Serve the jalebi and rabdi together.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Kachori, Jalebi & Rabdi
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:40 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- PAK won by 75 runsvs. PAKENG1st TestThu, Jul 14, 2016London, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- live match ENG 98/1 (21 Overs)vs. PAKENG2nd TestLIVEPAK 198/10; ENG 589/8(D);Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM1st TestThu, Jul 28, 2016Thu, Jul 28, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
1 - 4 of 20