For the Kachori:
½ kg - Maida
1 lt - Oil (for frying)
½ tsp - Jeera (Cumin seeds)
½ tsp - Rai (Mustard seeds)
½ tsp - Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
A pinch - Hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp - Lal Mirch Powder (Red Chili Powder)
½ tsp - Sabut Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds)
100 g - Besan (Gram Flour)
100 g - Oil
50 g - Moong Dal, soaked
20 g - Sugar
For the Jalebi:
1 kg - Maida (Refined Flour)
½ cup - Yoghurt
1 kg - Sugar
200 g - Oil
Few - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
For the Rabdi:
1 lt - Fresh Buffalo milk
2 - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
30g - Sugar
To make the kachori: Knead together the flour, oil and water till it forms a dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
Take 100g oil and make a tadka using jeera, rai, khada dhaniya and hing. Add 10g sugar, red chili powder. Add 100 g of besan to the mixture, when it starts turning pink, add soaked moong dal.
Now take maida dough and make small pedhas of maida, Flatten them and add the besan and moong dal stuffing in good amount and seal it with fingers.
Deep fry the kachoris in ½ lt oil on low flame. Don’t turn till one side is completely done brown.
To make the jalebi: Heat oil in jalebi pan. Take 200g of maida, and make a flowing consistency paste with ½ cup yoghurt. Rest for 24 hours to ferment. Pipe out the Jalebis into the hot hoil with the help of a piping bag if cloth is not available. Make one string consistency sugar syrup and add eliachi to it.
To make the rabdi: Boil the milk in a big kadhai. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and stop stirring. Keep scraping down the sides of the kadhai and collecting the cream (fat) as it collects there. Continue boiling the milk till 20-25 g is left.
Add 30 g sugar and 1-2 pods of chotti elaichi to the milk. Mix the collected cream with the milk. Serve the jalebi and rabdi together.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Kachori, Jalebi & Rabdi
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:40 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- vs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- SA won by 62 runsvs. NZSA3rd ODIWed, Aug 26, 2015Durban, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- IND won by 278 runsvs. INDSL2nd TestThu, Aug 20, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. INDSL3rd TestLIVESL 201/10; IND 312/10;Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- vs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Thu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015Sat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...