For the Kachori:
½ kg - Maida
1 lt - Oil (for frying)
½ tsp - Jeera (Cumin seeds)
½ tsp - Rai (Mustard seeds)
½ tsp - Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
A pinch - Hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp - Lal Mirch Powder (Red Chili Powder)
½ tsp - Sabut Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds)
100 g - Besan (Gram Flour)
100 g - Oil
50 g - Moong Dal, soaked
20 g - Sugar
For the Jalebi:
1 kg - Maida (Refined Flour)
½ cup - Yoghurt
1 kg - Sugar
200 g - Oil
Few - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
For the Rabdi:
1 lt - Fresh Buffalo milk
2 - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
30g - Sugar
To make the kachori: Knead together the flour, oil and water till it forms a dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
Take 100g oil and make a tadka using jeera, rai, khada dhaniya and hing. Add 10g sugar, red chili powder. Add 100 g of besan to the mixture, when it starts turning pink, add soaked moong dal.
Now take maida dough and make small pedhas of maida, Flatten them and add the besan and moong dal stuffing in good amount and seal it with fingers.
Deep fry the kachoris in ½ lt oil on low flame. Don’t turn till one side is completely done brown.
To make the jalebi: Heat oil in jalebi pan. Take 200g of maida, and make a flowing consistency paste with ½ cup yoghurt. Rest for 24 hours to ferment. Pipe out the Jalebis into the hot hoil with the help of a piping bag if cloth is not available. Make one string consistency sugar syrup and add eliachi to it.
To make the rabdi: Boil the milk in a big kadhai. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and stop stirring. Keep scraping down the sides of the kadhai and collecting the cream (fat) as it collects there. Continue boiling the milk till 20-25 g is left.
Add 30 g sugar and 1-2 pods of chotti elaichi to the milk. Mix the collected cream with the milk. Serve the jalebi and rabdi together.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Kachori, Jalebi & Rabdi
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:40 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- ENG won by 3 runsvs. ENGPAK2nd T20IFri, Nov 27, 2015Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- IND won by 124 runsvs. SAIND3rd TestWed, Nov 25, 2015Nagpur, IndiaSouth Africa in India Test...
- ENG won by 14 runsvs. ENGPAK1st T20IThu, Nov 26, 2015Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- live match NZ 55/3 (20.3 Overs)vs. NZAUS3rd TestLIVEAUS 224/10; NZ 202/10;Adelaide, AustraliaTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2015...
- Upcoming matchvs. HKAFGOne-off T20ISat, Nov 28, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan in Hong Kong T...
- Upcoming matchvs. OMNAFG1st T20ISun, Nov 29, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...
- Upcoming matchvs. OMNAFG2nd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...