For the Kachori:
½ kg - Maida
1 lt - Oil (for frying)
½ tsp - Jeera (Cumin seeds)
½ tsp - Rai (Mustard seeds)
½ tsp - Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
A pinch - Hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp - Lal Mirch Powder (Red Chili Powder)
½ tsp - Sabut Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds)
100 g - Besan (Gram Flour)
100 g - Oil
50 g - Moong Dal, soaked
20 g - Sugar
For the Jalebi:
1 kg - Maida (Refined Flour)
½ cup - Yoghurt
1 kg - Sugar
200 g - Oil
Few - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
For the Rabdi:
1 lt - Fresh Buffalo milk
2 - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
30g - Sugar
To make the kachori: Knead together the flour, oil and water till it forms a dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
Take 100g oil and make a tadka using jeera, rai, khada dhaniya and hing. Add 10g sugar, red chili powder. Add 100 g of besan to the mixture, when it starts turning pink, add soaked moong dal.
Now take maida dough and make small pedhas of maida, Flatten them and add the besan and moong dal stuffing in good amount and seal it with fingers.
Deep fry the kachoris in ½ lt oil on low flame. Don’t turn till one side is completely done brown.
To make the jalebi: Heat oil in jalebi pan. Take 200g of maida, and make a flowing consistency paste with ½ cup yoghurt. Rest for 24 hours to ferment. Pipe out the Jalebis into the hot hoil with the help of a piping bag if cloth is not available. Make one string consistency sugar syrup and add eliachi to it.
To make the rabdi: Boil the milk in a big kadhai. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and stop stirring. Keep scraping down the sides of the kadhai and collecting the cream (fat) as it collects there. Continue boiling the milk till 20-25 g is left.
Add 30 g sugar and 1-2 pods of chotti elaichi to the milk. Mix the collected cream with the milk. Serve the jalebi and rabdi together.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Kachori, Jalebi & Rabdi
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:40 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- AUS won by 117 runsvs. NZAUS3rd ODIFri, Dec 09, 2016Melbourne, AustraliaChappell-Hadlee Trophy, 20...
- AUS won by 116 runsvs. NZAUS2nd ODITue, Dec 06, 2016Canberra, AustraliaChappell-Hadlee Trophy, 20...
- AUS won by 68 runsvs. NZAUS1st ODISun, Dec 04, 2016Sydney, AustraliaChappell-Hadlee Trophy, 20...
- live match IND 451/7 (142 Overs)vs. ENGIND4th TestLIVEENG 400/10;Mumbai, IndiaEngland in India Test Seri...
- vs. PAKAUS1st TestThu, Dec 15, 2016Thu, Dec 15, 2016Brisbane, AustraliaPakistan in Australia Test...
- vs. ENGIND5th TestFri, Dec 16, 2016Fri, Dec 16, 2016Chennai, IndiaEngland in India Test Seri...
- vs. BANNZ1st ODISun, Dec 25, 2016Sun, Dec 25, 2016Christchurch, New ZealandBangladesh in New Zealand ...