300g - Bhindi (lady fingers)
1 tbsp - Besan (gram flour)
3-4 tbsp - Oil
2 tsp - Saunf (fennel seeds)
2 tsp - Coriander powder
1/4 tsp - Red Chili powder
½ tsp - Turmeric
½ tsp - Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
½ tsp - Garam masala
1 inch piece - Ginger
A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
½ tsp - Jeera (cumin)
To taste - Salt
Wash the Bhindis and pat dry. Cut off the tops and tails and make an incision along the length of the Bhindi.Except for the hing, add all the masalas in a plate and mix. In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add jeera and hing to this. Once the jeera starts crackling add the gram flour and sauté.
To this add all the mixed masalas and sauté for another minute. Stuff this mixture into the Bhindis.
In another saucepan heat 2 tbsp of oil. Put in the bhindis and turn very gently 3-4 times. Cover and cook over a medium flame for 5 minutes.Turn the Bhindis and cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.Then take off the lid and cook the Bhindis over a high flame for a while.
Your stuffed Bhindi is ready. Serve with Salad, Raita and phulkas.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Bharwa Bhindi Gharwala
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 28 Mar, 2013 4:55 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- PAK won by 29 runsvs. PAKSL1st T20IThu, Jul 30, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka T20 ...
- SL won by 165 runsvs. PAKSL5th ODISun, Jul 26, 2015Hambantota, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka ODI ...
- vs. SCONEDFinalMatch abandonedSun, Jul 26, 2015Malahide, Dublin, IrelandWorld Twenty20 Qualifier, ...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKSL2nd T20ISat, Aug 01, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka T20 ...
- vs. NZZIM1st ODISun, Aug 02, 2015Sun, Aug 02, 2015Harare, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe OD...
- vs. NZZIM2nd ODITue, Aug 04, 2015Tue, Aug 04, 2015Harare, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe OD...