Author : Dhirav
With all sorts of speculation over the future of the Italian star, his agent has stated Mario Balotelli and Jose Mourinho are in contact and a move to the Bridge is possible. Well, here are ten straight points for you to decide whether it is worth it.
- He is indeed a world class player and can rip any defense apart on his day. He will make any team stronger.
- Chelsea do need a striker. Torres is showing signs of improvement but still Chelsea really need another striker. Eto’o is past his peak and looks slow. Ba has simply lost his way and it would be better for everyone if he seeks new pastures.
- He does have the ability to carry a team forward on his own. But it happens only when he is on song and is happy. What makes Balotelli happy? I’m not sure even he knows.
- With 30 goals in 80 appearances for Manchester City in the Premier League, he really falls under the decent category. There are other prolific strikers available. Robert Lewandowski, for example.
- Chelsea should get used to playing with 10 men on a regular basis. With his track record there is always a chance of that happening.
- Jose Mourinho himself termed him “unmanageable” once during his time at Inter. Is it worth taking the risk again ? It might cost him his job at Chelsea.
- He is expected to cost around €35m. A little too costly for a player who is so inconsistent on field and is consistently wrecking havoc off the field.
- What next for Romelu Lukaku then? He’s a similar type of player and he is just 20. Buying Balotelli might be the final straw for the Belgian who in all fairness should be playing in the Blue jersey for Chelsea instead.
- With John Terry, Ashley Cole, Fernando Torres and Mourinho already at the club and Balotelli joining them, it will be paradise for the English media to rip apart the team morale.
- 23 and €35m u say? Long term plans are a joke with this man around. You never know what is going on in his mind and you might just end up with a rebel within six months.
So there you go. I for one feel he isn’t worth it. Calling back Lukaku is the best option. But Mourinho being Mourinho, it isn’t likely. Torres does look like he has cracked the secret but it is a risk. A risk I believe Mourinho should take considering the quality we have in midfield and persist with Torres, Eto’o and Ba until Lukaku returns at the end of the season.