Mancini down plays training ground bust-up with Balotelli

Wellington, Jan 5(ANI): Manchester City manager Mario Balotelli has tried to play down his latest clash with eccentric forward Mario Balotelli at the club's training ground.

Mancini does not believe his relationship with the Italian striker is at breaking point, and claimed that his bust-up with Balotelli was nothing special, Stuff.co.nz reports.

Mancini said Balotelli made a tackle on his teammate that I would prefer to see in a game and not against a teammate.

Mancini added that he then asked Balotelli to leave the pitch, but he refused so had to move him off.

Mancini said that's all that happened and it was nothing more than that.

Last month Balotelli withdrew his appeal against disciplinary action taken against him by the Premier League champions, accepting a fine of two weeks' wages for a series of well-documented misdemeanors on and off the pitch last season. (ANI)

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.

Matches