New Delhi, May 18 (ANI): Billionaire business tycoon and owner of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Vijay Mallya, on Friday refused to comment on the Maharashtra Cricket Association's decision to ban Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium for five years, saying the matter is between the MCA and the Bollywood actor.
"That is something between the MCA and the affected person. I don't know the MCA rules, what rights or privileges they have over entry into the Wankhede Stadium. So, I can't really comment on that," said Mallya.
"Sportsman spirit is paramount in any sports," he added, when asked whether the ongoing row should be taken in a sportsman spirit.
Mallya further said that he was not in a position to comment on the brawl that took place at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday night for he was not present at the spot.
"On Mr. Shah Rukh Khan's issue, I said yesterday that I am in no position to comment because I was not present. All I know is my good friend Shah Rukh Khan is very passionate about his team, very passionate about children. And what happened suddenly is something that needs to be investigated. But I know him as a very affable and decent human being beyond which I am in no position to offer any comment," said Mallya.
"It is not a question of a franchise owner or not. I don't think that the ownership or status of Mr. Khan is in question. I think from whatever I have seen in the news, it's a question of the MCA questioning his behavior and that needs to be addressed by the MCA and Mr. Shah Rukh Khan. I don't think IPL has any role to play or the fact that he is a team-owner that does not override the issue of conduct," he added.
Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) President Vilasrao Deshmukh earlier in the day announced that Shah Rukh Khan has been banned from entering the Wankhede Stadium for five years following his scuffle with MCA officials on Wednesday night.
He said over 50 percent MCA officials were present at the time of brawl so there was no point in forming an interim committee to look into the incident.
Khan had earlier said that he was provoked after security guards touched a group of children he was accompanying, which included his daughter.e also rubbished reports that he was drunk after the match that took place between his team the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Mumbai Indians.
The scuffle happened on Wednesday night when the actor and his entourage were stopped from going on to the ground after the match, which the Kolkata Knight Riders won.
Commenting on the ongoing row surrounding Royal Challengers Bangalore player Luke Pomersbach, Mallya said that the Australian player would not be the part of his team till he is cleared of all the charges levelled against him.
He said the RCB would provide full cooperation to the concerned authorities during the investigation into the matter.
"Royal Challengers Bangalore regrets the incident involving Luke Pomersbach one of our players. Royal challengers Bangalore will offer full cooperation to the concerned authorities so that there is a fair investigation and the matter is disposed off fully in accordance with law," said Mallya.
"And till that happens, Luke Pomersbach will not be taking the field for Royal challengers," he added.
Delhi Police had earlier today arrested Pomersbach for allegedly misbehaving with a woman in the bar of Maurya Sheraton Hotel.
According to reports, Pomersbach allegedly misbehaved with the woman, a US citizen of Indian origin, at the IPL after-match party. A case of molestation and hurt has been registered against him. (ANI)