Bangalore: A fortnight after suddenly deciding to retire, V.V.S.Laxman looked absolutely relaxed on landing here on Friday, ahead of Sunday’s felicitation by the Anil Kumble-headed Karnataka State Cricket Association.
“I’m happy... I’m comfortable with the decision I’ve taken,” Laxman, always the gentleman, told The Telegraph.
Wife Sailaja nodded, adding: “I’m very happy... I’m saying it because, now, I see him very happy... From what I can make out, he’s not missing cricket.”
They’ve been married for eight years.
Laxman did want to watch either the third or the fourth (and final, as it turned out) day’s play of the first Test, in hometown Hyderabad, but couldn’t.
“We’d set out on the third day, but it began to rain rather heavily... Then, the next day, both children (son Sarvajit and daughter Achintya) fell ill... For the first time, they found me at home when they weren’t well and I didn’t want them to feel bad,” Laxman explained.
If it’s not on Saturday, Laxman will definitely be at the Chinnaswamy on Sunday, the third day of the second and final India versus New Zealand Test.
ALSO SEE: FAREWELL, VVS
Laxman happy with his decision to retireBy Lokendra Pratap Sahi | The Telegraph – Sat 1 Sep, 2012 11:49 AM IST
Did you know that you can get stories like this on the Yahoo mail app?
Download it here.
Download it here.
- NEP won by 3 wkts.vs. NEPNED4th T20IFri, Jul 03, 2015Rotterdam, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- NED won by 18 runsvs. NEPNED3rd T20IThu, Jul 02, 2015Rotterdam, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- NED won by 103 runsvs. NEPNED2nd T20IWed, Jul 01, 2015Amstelveen, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- live match PAK 202/8 (59 Overs)vs. PAKSL3rd TestLIVESL 278/10;Kandy, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka Test...
- Upcoming matchvs. SABAN1st T20ISun, Jul 05, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshSouth Africa in Bangladesh...
- vs. SABAN2nd T20ITue, Jul 07, 2015Tue, Jul 07, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshSouth Africa in Bangladesh...
- vs. AUSENG1st TestWed, Jul 08, 2015Wed, Jul 08, 2015Cardiff, EnglandThe Ashes, 2015...