The latest transcripts of the conversations between Gurunath Meiyappan and Vindoo Dara Singh indicate that almost half of the matches of the last edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League were fixed.
Gurunath and Vindoo are heard discussing placing bets on the match between Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals on May 12, 2013. Gurunath tells Vindoo that CSK will score about 140 and Chennai ended up scoring 141.
During the match, Gurunath placed bets of Rs 1.4 crore against CSK and confidently told Vindoo that Royals will win.
In a conversation at 21:09 on May 12, 2013, stating that he has already placed bets of Rs 20 lakh, Gurunath asks Vindoo to place Rs 30 lakh more on Rajasthan.
ALSO SEE - Vindoo's walk of freedom
He says: “RR is winning pakka.”
Before the start of another CSK match, on 14 May, Gurunath and Vindoo discuss team information - where Vindoo says: “LB, Holder, Bravo, Hussey.” Then Gurunath says, “No other change, no other change.”
Another conversation on May 14 reveals that Gurunath gave information to Vindoo on team composition, weather and toss before the CSK-Delhi Daredevils match.
Former Tamil Nadu Superintendent of Police (internal security), G. Sampath Kumar, who had earlier in his report claimed that Dhoni reportedly was party to a deal with Gurunath and a bookie named Kitty, told HEADLINES TODAY that Gurunath had approached Dhoni and Raina on a bookie’s insistence.
“There were reported meetings between Vikram Aggarwal and Meiyappan. Vikram asked Meiyappan to talk to a few CSK players and Meiyappan approached Dhoni and Raina in a party,” Sampath said.
- IPL spot-fixing: Gurunath Meiyappan found guilty
- IPL probe report: Six India capped players under scrutiny
- Did Dhoni, Srinivasan misrepresent facts to Mudgal?
- IPL spot-fixing: Panel says players had links with underworld
- Bookie claims Dhoni and Raina involved in match-fixing
- More evidence of Meiyappan's culpability emerges
- Gurunath, Vindoo had disputes over money
- Revealed: Sreesanth's betting company and CSK-Vindoo link
- Vindoo extracted information from players at parties
- Vindoo puts police on larger Bollywood trail