New Delhi, Jan. 16 (ANI): Haryana Janhit Congress supremo Kuldeep Bishnoi on Wednesday welcomed former chief minister and Indian National Lok Dal chief Om Prakash Chautala's conviction in the Junior Basic Trained (JBT) recruitment scam, saying the decision has strengthened his faith in the credibility of the judicial system.
"As far as the decision is concerned, which has come from the court, I salute the decision. Although the court took a long time to give a decision like this, the faith for the judiciary has increased manifold, as far as I am concerned and the people of Haryana are concerned," said Bishnoi.
" Since a very long time, I have been saying that Om Prakash Chautala and his son are deeply involved in corruption, and when the right time will come, they will go behind bars, and same thing has happened," he added.
Meanwhile, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) lawyer I. D. Vaidya informed that 57 accused have been convicted and sent to custody in connection with the case.
"This was a scam of recruitment of Junior Basic Trained (JBT) teachers. More than 3,000 teachers were recruited and their interviews were already conducted in December, the lists were closed. As part of a conspiracy, those lists were unsealed and new lists were formed instead in September and all new set of 3000 teachers were recruited. In total, 57 accused have been convicted and sent to custody," said Vaidya.
Chautala, his MLA-son Ajay Chautala and other accused were today taken into judicial custody after a Delhi Court convicted them for the illegal recruitment of JBT teachers in Haryana.
The court, which has fixed January 17, 19 and 21 for hearing the arguments on sentence, will pronounce the quantum of sentence on January 22.
The court had earlier framed charges against all the accused under sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for cheating), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC and provisions of the PCA. (ANI)