Kolkata: Dig into savouries, sandwiches and continental fare named after batting great Sachin Tendulkar, courtesy a special menu dedicated to him here.
While you stay glued to the screens to catch the master blaster weave magic on field at the Eden Gardens during the 199th Test from Nov 6-10, be sure to sample the 'Cover Drive in the Legend's Style' menu at the Taj Bengal - home to both the Indian and West Indies teams during their stay here.
The Hub restaurant of the hotel is serving its clients snacks like Behind the Stump (Clay oven roasted chicken tikka in croissant), Leg Glance (A Mumbai street style sandwich made with spiced potatoes and cheddar cheese) and Boundary (Herb garlic fish finger) among others.
In the Italian and Mexican range, pizzas, risottos and pastas have been named after cricket terms like Square Cut, Over the Square Leg, Hook, Late Cut to add a special touch.
The menu is available till Nov 10. Tendulkar had earlier announced that the two match series against the Windies will be his last. While his 199th Test will be played here, Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium (Nov 14-18) will host Tendulkar's 200th and last match.
Kolkata hotel names menu after TendulkarIANS – Mon 4 Nov, 2013 6:58 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- IND won by 117 runsvs. INDSL3rd TestFri, Aug 28, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- ENG won by 5 runsvs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- AUS won by 23 runsvs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG2nd ODISat, Sep 05, 2015Sat, Sep 05, 2015London, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...
- vs. AUSENG3rd ODITue, Sep 08, 2015Tue, Sep 08, 2015Manchester, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...