Kolkata: Dig into savouries, sandwiches and continental fare named after batting great Sachin Tendulkar, courtesy a special menu dedicated to him here.
While you stay glued to the screens to catch the master blaster weave magic on field at the Eden Gardens during the 199th Test from Nov 6-10, be sure to sample the 'Cover Drive in the Legend's Style' menu at the Taj Bengal - home to both the Indian and West Indies teams during their stay here.
The Hub restaurant of the hotel is serving its clients snacks like Behind the Stump (Clay oven roasted chicken tikka in croissant), Leg Glance (A Mumbai street style sandwich made with spiced potatoes and cheddar cheese) and Boundary (Herb garlic fish finger) among others.
In the Italian and Mexican range, pizzas, risottos and pastas have been named after cricket terms like Square Cut, Over the Square Leg, Hook, Late Cut to add a special touch.
The menu is available till Nov 10. Tendulkar had earlier announced that the two match series against the Windies will be his last. While his 199th Test will be played here, Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium (Nov 14-18) will host Tendulkar's 200th and last match.
Kolkata hotel names menu after TendulkarIANS – Mon 4 Nov, 2013 6:58 PM IST
Did you know that you can get stories like this on the Yahoo mail app?
Download it here.
Download it here.
- NED won by 18 runsvs. NEPNED1st T20ITue, Jun 30, 2015Amstelveen, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- SL won by 7 wkts.vs. PAKSL2nd TestThu, Jun 25, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka Test...
- IND won by 77 runsvs. INDBAN3rd ODIWed, Jun 24, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshIndia in Bangladesh ODI Se...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. NEPNED2nd T20IWed, Jul 01, 2015Amstelveen, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- Upcoming matchvs. NEPNED3rd T20IThu, Jul 02, 2015Amstelveen, NetherlandsNepal in Netherlands T20 S...
- vs. PAKSL3rd TestFri, Jul 03, 2015Fri, Jul 03, 2015Kandy, Sri LankaPakistan in Sri Lanka Test...