Kolkata: Dig into savouries, sandwiches and continental fare named after batting great Sachin Tendulkar, courtesy a special menu dedicated to him here.
While you stay glued to the screens to catch the master blaster weave magic on field at the Eden Gardens during the 199th Test from Nov 6-10, be sure to sample the 'Cover Drive in the Legend's Style' menu at the Taj Bengal - home to both the Indian and West Indies teams during their stay here.
The Hub restaurant of the hotel is serving its clients snacks like Behind the Stump (Clay oven roasted chicken tikka in croissant), Leg Glance (A Mumbai street style sandwich made with spiced potatoes and cheddar cheese) and Boundary (Herb garlic fish finger) among others.
In the Italian and Mexican range, pizzas, risottos and pastas have been named after cricket terms like Square Cut, Over the Square Leg, Hook, Late Cut to add a special touch.
The menu is available till Nov 10. Tendulkar had earlier announced that the two match series against the Windies will be his last. While his 199th Test will be played here, Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium (Nov 14-18) will host Tendulkar's 200th and last match.
Kolkata hotel names menu after TendulkarIANS – Mon 4 Nov, 2013 6:58 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- PAK won by 75 runsvs. PAKENG1st TestThu, Jul 14, 2016London, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- AFG won by 79 runsvs. AFGIRE4th ODISun, Jul 17, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM1st TestThu, Jul 28, 2016Thu, Jul 28, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
1 - 4 of 20