London, Apr. 1 (ANI): New Zealand all-rounder Jesse Ryder has said he is feeling 'heaps better' in his first public statement after a street attack put him in intensive care.
Ryder, 28, was admitted to hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning and placed in an induced coma after suffering multiple injuries, including a fractured skull, in an attack outside a bar.
According to the Daily Mirror, Ryder released a statement saying that he wanted to let everyone know that he was fine and feeling heaps better, but still really tired.
He thanked everyone caring for him at the hospital - they have been awesome.
Two men, a 20-year-old and a 37-year-old who police said are related, will appear in court on Thursday charged with assault.
According to the report, police believe Ryder was involved in an altercation with two people outside Aikmans bar in the Christchurch suburb of Merivale shortly after 12.30 am local time on Thursday morning.
He was then assaulted by one of the two, who followed him towards the car park of a nearby McDonald's.
Ryder, a controversial figure whose career has been plagued by off-field incidents, has not played for New Zealand since February last year, the report added. (ANI)