London, Apr. 21 (ANI): Indian-origin steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal and Sri and Gopi Hinduja, of the London-based global conglomerate Hinduja Group, are among the top 10 wealthiest people in Britain.
Sri and Gopi Hinduja climbed to the third place with a fortune of 10.6 billion pounds from the fourth position which they occupied last year.
According to the BBC, however with a fortune of 10 billion pounds, Mittal came down to number four from the top position last year.
Mittal, who topped the list for the past eight years, was the biggest faller in wealth terms after his 40 percent stake with his wife in steelmaker Arcelor Mittal plunged from a peak of 28 billion pounds to just under six billion pounds.
Russian businessman Alisher Usmanov topped the Sunday Times ranking of the wealthiest people in Britain and Ireland with a fortune of 13.3 billion pounds.
The Surrey-based tycoon, 59, who has a 30 percent stake in Arsenal football club, owns iron ore producer Metalloinvest.
Warner Music's Len Blavatnik came second in the 25th annual list with 11 billion pounds,
The highest British-born person in the list is the Duke of Westminster in eighth place with 7.8 billion pounds from property. He is the only person to make the top 10 of the list in each of its 25 years.
The survey found that Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin brand, is in 19th place with 3.5 billion pounds and Chelsea FC's Russian owner Roman Abramovich, who made his fortune in the oil industry, is down two places to fifth with 9.3 billion pounds.
Rich List top 10:
1. (2) Alisher Usmanov (mining and investment) 13.3bn pounds
2. (5) Len Blavatnik (investment, music and media) 11bn pounds
3. (4) Sri and Gopi Hinduja (industry and finance) 10.6bn pounds
4. (1) Lakshmi Mittal and family (steel) 10bn pounds
5. (3) Roman Abramovich (oil and industry) 9.3bn pounds
6. (9) John Fredriksen and family (shipping and oil services) pounds8.8bn
7. (8) David and Simon Reuben (property and internet) 8.2bn pounds
8. (7) The Duke of Westminster (property) 7.8bn pounds
9. (6) Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli (pharmaceuticals) 7.4bn pounds
10. (11) Charlene and Michel de Carvalho (inheritance, brewing and banking) 7bn pounds
Source: Sunday Times Rich List (last year's positions in brackets)(ANI)