Indian Army reiterates that Pakistan 'mutilated and beheaded two of its soldiers

New Delhi, Jan.12 (ANI): The Indian Army on Saturday reiterated that two of its soldiers had been mutilated and beheaded by the Pakistan Army during an encounter in the Mendhar Sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

In a statement, Indian Army spokesman Colonel Jagdeep Dahiya, referring to an article written by Anita Joshua for The Hindu, and to a report filed by the Reuters News Agency, said that Pakistan Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani's claim that the Indian Army authorities had said that the bodies of its soldiers had not been mutilated and beheaded, were reports published out of context on January 12, 2013.

The Indian Army, through its release on Saturday, clarified that Pakistan has quoted the initial press release given by the spokesman of Indian Army's Northern Command on January 8 2012, when the details of the incident were still not clear.

"Subsequently, On the same day, Indian Army made a statement that the body of one soldier was mutilated. Both these statements were made based on the information available at the time of making those statements," the Indian Army said today.

"To set the details right, it is reiterated that the body of one soldier was found mutilated and beheaded , the body of second soldier was also mutilated during this ceasefire violation on January 8, 2013 in the Mendhar Sector by Pakistan," the army release said. (ANI)