New Delhi: From the moment Cricket South Africa (CSA) appointed Haroon Lorgat as its CEO, relations between the BCCI and the CSA have taken an ugly turn.
While CSA had initially claimed that despite BCCI’s concern regarding Lorgat’s appointment, the South African board had done the best in cricket’s interest, it is now believed that the same CSA has decided to keep Lorgat away from all matters relating to the BCCI and Indian cricket.
Desperate to get India’s tour of South Africa in December back on track, CSA president Chris Nenzani held meetings with India on October 12 to ensure that the tour isn’t called off.
The tension seems to have eased out now. If sources are to be believed, India could play three Test matches instead of the revised plan of the BCCI wherein it had decided that India will not play more than two Tests and three ODIs in South Africa.
Speaking to MAIL TODAY, a senior BCCI official said, “We have always had very warm relationship with CSA and we believe in maintaining them. But it is also true that with Lorgat as CSA’s CEO, things became a lot more difficult for us. There are differences of opinions, but it is not that we have asked them to send him (Lorgat) on a holiday or something. We are more bothered about Indian cricket. But it could well be in the best interest of both parties that he stays away from handling issues related to Indian cricket,” he said.
But the official refused to accept that the BCCI was waiting for CSA to keep Lorgat away before giving its nod for two Tests and three ODIs.
Reproduced from Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
India likely to play 3 Tests against South Africa
Cricket South Africa will keep its CEO Haroon Lorgat away from all matters related to the BCCI and Indian cricket.Mail Today – Fri 18 Oct, 2013 9:05 AM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- NAM won by 15 runsvs. NAMNEPSuper League 7th-8thThu, Feb 11, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- CAN won by 8 wkts.vs. CANFIJPlate Championship 1Thu, Feb 11, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- WI won by 3 wkts.vs. WIBANSuper League SF 2Thu, Feb 11, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSNZ1st TestThu, Feb 11, 2016Wellington, New ZealandTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. SANZPlate Championship 1Fri, Feb 12, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKENGSuper League 5th-6thFri, Feb 12, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...