London, Oct 20 (ANI): The International Cricket Council has handed Bangladesh an extension until 30 November to be able to complete work on stadiums for the ICC World Twenty20 tournament next year.
According to the BBC, it had been widely reported that concerns over facilities might cause the tournament to be moved to another country, such as South Africa.
However, the ICC board has now approved a request to extend the deadline, the report said.
The full schedule for the event, due to take place between 16 March and 6 April 2014, will be released on 27 October, the report added.
The news follows an inspection report by the ICC's venue consultant, the report further said.
The World Twenty20 will feature men's and women's tournaments played in parallel, as has happened at three of the four previous events, and both are set to be the biggest yet with 16 men's teams rather than 12, and 10 women's teams rather than eight, according to the report. (ANI)