Calcutta/Chennai (The Telegraph): Sunday’s hero Manvinder Bisla was ecstatic after playing a big role in Kolkata Knight Riders’s five-wicket win over Chennai Super Kings, here.
“I am really happy to help my team … I had no plans today [Sunday], just wanted to enjoy the match… I was a bit tensed when Gautam got out, but when I started hitting the ball I was happy… Kallis is a legend, it was great batting with him. He supported me very well. I’m lucky to have got a chance to play today [Sunday]… And we didn’t believe we had won until the winning runs were scored,” he said.
CSK coach Stephen Fleming admitted that they had not factored in that the unheralded Bisla might take the game away from them. “Our target was to get the wicket of Gambhir as early as possible. We achieved that quite easily. But we never expected Bisla to play that sort of an innings. Before the match, we did expect him to play since we knew that Brendon McCullum was struggling with his form. But the way he batted was just brilliant.”
However, when the CSK got rid of Bisla in the 15th over, they came back into the game. But Fleming said that the penultimate over of the game turned things around.
“After we got Bisla out, Kallis took the charge. Though Hilfenhaus got Kallis out in the 18th over, the over proved to be a disaster. We could have had Shakib-al Hasan’s wicket. But Hilfenhaus bowled a no-ball. I think that was the turning point in the game,” Fleming asserted.
“I won’t say that we were complacent after scoring those runs… But I think the guys wilted a bit under pressure in the last two overs. We could not hold our nerves.”
Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was happy with performance of the bowlers. “The ball was not reversing, but we could have got our yorkers in place… But that did not happen… But I’m happy with our effort.”
Mission accomplished, says Gambhir
Knight Riders stop Super Kings for first IPL title
Balaji has been the unsung hero: Gambhir
KKR deserving champions, says Ganguly
Yusuf Pathan becomes first to win IPL with two teams
I am really happy: Manvinder Bisla
"I was a bit tensed when Gautam got out, but when I started hitting the ball I was happy," Knight Riders' hero said.Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 28 May, 2012 11:52 AM IST
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- live match AUS 66/2 (20 Overs)vs. AUSSL1st TestLIVESL 117/10;Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- Upcoming matchvs. NZZIM1st TestThu, Jul 28, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...
- vs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Sat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...