Calcutta/Chennai (The Telegraph): Sunday’s hero Manvinder Bisla was ecstatic after playing a big role in Kolkata Knight Riders’s five-wicket win over Chennai Super Kings, here.
“I am really happy to help my team … I had no plans today [Sunday], just wanted to enjoy the match… I was a bit tensed when Gautam got out, but when I started hitting the ball I was happy… Kallis is a legend, it was great batting with him. He supported me very well. I’m lucky to have got a chance to play today [Sunday]… And we didn’t believe we had won until the winning runs were scored,” he said.
CSK coach Stephen Fleming admitted that they had not factored in that the unheralded Bisla might take the game away from them. “Our target was to get the wicket of Gambhir as early as possible. We achieved that quite easily. But we never expected Bisla to play that sort of an innings. Before the match, we did expect him to play since we knew that Brendon McCullum was struggling with his form. But the way he batted was just brilliant.”
However, when the CSK got rid of Bisla in the 15th over, they came back into the game. But Fleming said that the penultimate over of the game turned things around.
“After we got Bisla out, Kallis took the charge. Though Hilfenhaus got Kallis out in the 18th over, the over proved to be a disaster. We could have had Shakib-al Hasan’s wicket. But Hilfenhaus bowled a no-ball. I think that was the turning point in the game,” Fleming asserted.
“I won’t say that we were complacent after scoring those runs… But I think the guys wilted a bit under pressure in the last two overs. We could not hold our nerves.”
Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he was happy with performance of the bowlers. “The ball was not reversing, but we could have got our yorkers in place… But that did not happen… But I’m happy with our effort.”
Mission accomplished, says Gambhir
Knight Riders stop Super Kings for first IPL title
Balaji has been the unsung hero: Gambhir
KKR deserving champions, says Ganguly
Yusuf Pathan becomes first to win IPL with two teams
I am really happy: Manvinder Bisla
"I was a bit tensed when Gautam got out, but when I started hitting the ball I was happy," Knight Riders' hero said.Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 28 May, 2012 11:52 AM IST
- AUS won by 23 runsvs. AUSIREOne-off ODIThu, Aug 27, 2015Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAustralia in Ireland ODI S...
- SA won by 62 runsvs. NZSA3rd ODIWed, Aug 26, 2015Durban, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- IND won by 278 runsvs. INDSL2nd TestThu, Aug 20, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSL3rd TestFri, Aug 28, 2015Colombo, Sri LankaIndia in Sri Lanka Test Se...
- vs. AUSENGOne-off T20IMon, Aug 31, 2015Mon, Aug 31, 2015Cardiff, EnglandAustralia in England T20 S...
- vs. AUSENG1st ODIThu, Sep 03, 2015Thu, Sep 03, 2015Southampton, EnglandAustralia in England ODI S...