Calcutta/Mumbai (The Telegraph): Sunil Narine’s mystery is yet to be solved. On Wednesday, he made the most of the Wankhede track and almost ran through a heavyweight batting line-up of the Mumbai Indians.
In the end, he returned with an impressive figures of 3.1-0-15-4. With 21 wickets from 12 matches, he is now the owner of the Purple Cap.
In the post-match presentation ceremony, he said: “Getting the Purple Cap is obviously a great feeling… To know that I am being able to perform at my best is certainly a great feeling… What can be greater than that?”
Focussing on bowling in the right areas: Narine
My dream is to play Test cricket some day, says Narine
The West Indian said that he was living a dream and he would continue to work harder.
“It’s dream for me to have such a good tournament and I’m living pretty much in a dream right now. All these have been possible for the hard work that I put in and I just hope that I’m able to work harder in the future,” he said.
On his preparation prior to the tournament, he said, “Before coming to India, I was not really worried about the wickets… I knew they would help me, but did not know that it would be to such an extent. I’m just taking it step by step… We need to keep up our winning spirit…”
I am living a dream, says Sunil Narine
Getting the Purple Cap is obviously a great feeling, Narine said.Yahoo! Cricket – Thu 17 May, 2012 3:03 PM IST
- PAK won by 133 runsvs. WIPAK2nd TestFri, Oct 21, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies Te...
- ENG won by 22 runsvs. ENGBAN1st TestThu, Oct 20, 2016Chittagong, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- IND won by 7 wkts.vs. NZIND3rd ODISun, Oct 23, 2016Mohali, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. NZIND4th ODIWed, Oct 26, 2016Ranchi, IndiaNew Zealand in India ODI S...
- vs. ENGBAN2nd TestFri, Oct 28, 2016Fri, Oct 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshEngland in Bangladesh Test...
- vs. SLZIM1st TestSat, Oct 29, 2016Sat, Oct 29, 2016Harare, ZimbabweSri Lanka in Zimbabwe Test...