London, Sept 25 (ANI): Former England football star Paul Gascoigne had reportedly pulled out of an appearance at a British TV show at the last minute, sparking fears that he might have taken up drinking again.
Gascoigne, who had a relapse recently following his expensive rehabilitation stint in the US, had been due on the ITV show 'This Morning' on Tuesday to discuss about a documentary about his struggles with alcohol.
However, the Mirror reports that a source said that it had become apparent on Monday night that the former Tottenham Hotspur legend was not able to make it, adding that they made plans for an alternative segment, so the documentary was included in the paper review.
The source further said that Gascoigne could not be located in the morning, adding that it is a concern given his condition, although sources close to Gascoigne defended the England legend, saying that a car was not sent for Gascoigne to go to the show as he was never formally signed for the interview.
In the documentary, Gascoigne had reportedly said that he thought that he would be better off dead than living with addiction agony. (ANI)