Fire at Pakistan mall injures three

Islamabad, Jan 9 (IANS) A fire erupted in a shopping mall in Pakistan's Faisalabad city Wednesday, in which three people were critically injured, a media report said.

The blaze at the shopping centre in D Ground area broke out in the building's basement due to an electric short circuit, Geo News reported.

The fire engulfed a major part of the building within seconds.

Three people were severely burnt and were taken to a hospital where their condition was said to be critical.

Rescue efforts were underway and several people were said to be still trapped inside the building.


Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.