The apple shape
Perhaps the biggest peeve ( real or imaginary) for most women is the apple shape, which involves an undefined midriff or a big stomach.In order to tackle the problem area, opt for a lycra maillot suit that will hold your tummy in. Select one with vertical stripes to make you look thinner and to elongate the torso. Draw attention away from the abdomen with a halter top or a bandeau top. If, however, you also have a large chest, go for a piece that has good underwire support and a higher neckline to avoid getting self- conscious.
The petite size
A petite frame could be wonderfully curvy or slim, but the most defining feature is the small size of the torso and legs. To add height to your body, slip into a string bikini with details around the neck and high rise briefs to lengthen the legs. Steer away from cutesy floral prints and polkas as they could easily put you in ‘ little girl’ terrain. Instead go for solid colours and stronger prints in sexy styles. Bright neons and stronger patterns will ensure that you’re in the spotlight without trying too hard.
The inverted triangle
Sporty and athletic, the inverted triangle body type is broad on the shoulders and slim on the hips and thighs. Your goal is to focus on the ham and legs to balance proportions. Look out for suits that accentuate the waist like a high- rise swimsuit. Opt for accessories and detailing on the hips like bows, rings, buckles or ruffles to widen your midriff. For extra attention on your derriere, select a pair of bright hot pants. As for the top, ensure you wear thin or no straps over the shoulders to look both slender and petite.
The hour glass shape
The enviable hourglass shape comprises a voluptuous figure with a full top, narrow waist and wide hips. Make the most of your body type by highlighting your assets in a halter neck monokini or a cut- out one piece. While virtually any design would flatter such a build, try pointers like high- cut legs to give you the added advantage of slimmer and longer looking legs. Make sure you avoid horizontal stripes and go for interesting patterns or prints to enjoy all the attention.
The rectangle shape
If you’ve got narrow shoulders, a small chest and slender hips, you fall under the rectangle body shape. Almost all swimsuits are a good fit but to really work your body type, find ways that add curves to your chest and hips areas. Invest in a bathing suit with horizontal stripes. A padded bikini would help, as would hipsters with frills and ruffles since they add volume to the said parts. Make sure you select a top with wide straps that make your shoulders look broader, thus nipping in the waist.
The pear shape
Just like the summer fruit, the pear body shape comprises of a curvaceous bottom with heavy hips, thighs or bum and narrow shoulders and small chest. To balance the weight distribution, emphasise your top half and draw attention away from the hips. The smartest trick in the book is to wear a solid coloured hipster bikini bottom with a bright printed, ruffled or beaded bikini top. Ensure that the top is amply padded to add curves to the right areas. Halter styles work well for broadening the shoulders and accessories help seal the deal. You can also wear higher cut plain briefs to elongate your legs.
Find the best swim suit for your body!
Summer is here and it’s time to ditch your gym and get set to be a beach bombshell! Pick a swim suit that flatters your body typeMail Today – Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:16 PM IST
The apple shape
Download it now.
- AFG won by 2 wkts.vs. AFGBAN2nd ODIWed, Sep 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- PAK won by 8 wkts.vs. WIPAK3rd T20ITue, Sep 27, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- AUS won by 9 wkts.vs. IREAUSOne-off ODITue, Sep 27, 2016Benoni, South AfricaAustralia vs Ireland ODI S...
- live match AUS 211/6 (34.5 Overs)vs. AUSSA1st ODILIVECurrent Run Rate 6.05Centurion, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- live match PAK 239/6 (42.1 Overs)vs. WIPAK1st ODILIVECurrent Run Rate 5.66Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...
- live match IND 239/7 (86 Overs)vs. NZIND2nd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 2.77Kolkata, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- Upcoming matchvs. AFGBAN3rd ODISat, Oct 01, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA2nd ODISun, Oct 02, 2016Johannesburg, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. WIPAK2nd ODISun, Oct 02, 2016Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...