London, Oct 4 (ANI): World's football governing body, FIFA is expected to announce on Friday that Qatar faces no threat to its right to host the 2022 World Cup.
According to the BBC, the Gulf state faces allegations about its treatment of migrant workers, while there are also fears that searing summer temperatures in Qatar of more than 40C could risk the health of players and supporters.
However, it appears FIFA will stick by Qatar, which saw off competition from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the United States to host the event, the report said.
FIFA is expected to announce plans to monitor the issue of migrant workers on Friday following revelations last month, the report added.
At the same time, it also intends to form a taskforce, likely to be led by Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa, to examine alternative dates for the tournament, the report further said. (ANI)