Sydney, Jan 26(ANI): Out of favour Nathan Hauritz insists he can again wear the baggy green as he sets his sights on displacing his successor Nathan Lyon in the Australian team for the India tour.
Lyon will be the first spinner picked this week for Australia's coming four-Test tour of India but Hauritz believes he can fight his way back to the Test arena in the wake of his Big Bash League (BBL) heroics, News.com.au reports.
It has been more than two years since Hauritz last wore the baggy green, as the Queensland spinner was axed after claiming six wickets at 65 on Australia's last Test tour to India in October 2010.
Hauritz's mini-revival with the Brisbane Heat, including being named player of the final last week, has buoyed the 31-year-old in his bid to unseat Lyon from the Test side.
Hauritz said he would be lying if he said he has given up hope of playing for Australia again, adding if a player is performing and doing all the right things then he is putting his name in front of the selectors.
Hauritz further said he is aware he has to be bowling better and scoring more runs as well, adding he feels he was lucky to get his chance when he did.
The tweaker added he would like to think he still has a chance, adding he missed 18 months of cricket with injury and not being able to bowl, so he still has a long way to go with everything. (ANI)