REUTERS - Apple Inc's
Technology firm iFixit disassembled a gold-colored iPhone 5S and examined its parts and then took apart a 5C model.
For slideshow, click http://in.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=INRTX13RYA
Following are some of the key parts for the 5S model:
* Chips from Avago Technologies Ltd
* Companies supplying parts for the new phone also include South Korean memory chipmaker SK Hynix Inc <000660.KS> and radio-frequency chipmaker TriQuint Semiconductor Inc
* Broadcom Corp's
* Murata Manufacturing Co's <6981.T> 339S0205 (based on the Broadcom BCM4334) Wi-Fi module.
* Includes chips from Qualcomm Inc
Following are some key points of the 5C model:
* The hardware design on the 5C appears more similar to the 5S than to the iPhone 5
* The 5C uses a Toshiba Corp <6502.T> 16 gigabyte flash memory chip
Information is from iFixit, a web site offering parts and self-repair guides for Apple iPods and Macintosh computers. The company, which has conducted similar "tear downs" on other Apple products, posted step-by-step photos of the process on its web site at: http://bit.ly/18FrQCj
(Reporting By Richard Pullin and Poornima Gupta; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)