Kolkata: Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid hopes that investigators "get to the bottom of the mess and reveal the truth" about spot fixing.
"I believe truth sets you free. I sincerely hope that we get to the bottom of this mess and reveal whatever the truth is, no matter how painful it is," Dravid told media persons after his team went down fighting to the Mumbai Indians in the second qualifier match at the Eden Gardens Friday.
Batting for the league, Dravid said the menace of betting was not peculiar to the IPL.
"Betting is not an issue only with the IPL, but also with the international cricket. But you don't stop the game for that. Instead of making big statements like cancelling the IPL, I think we must all focus on facing the challenge.
"IPL is a fantastic tournament with lots of positives. But then there will be challenges which one has to face. There is no point throwing the baby out with the bathwater," said Dravid.
The IPL scam, which seems to be getting bigger by the day, came to light when Rajasthan Royals' S. Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan were arrested on spot fixing charges last week.
Chennai Super King's Gurunath Meiyappan, who is the son-in-law of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president Narayanswamy Srinivasan, was arrested late Friday.
Admitting that the scandal has come as a rude shock, the stylish batsman said it would take time for him and his team members to overcome it.
"You plan for lot of things including failures and disappointment. But when a thing like this comes up, you don't know what to do. It's challenging. It will take time for all of us to get over this," Dravid added.
Dravid hopes spot fixing truth will be revealedIANS – Sat 25 May, 2013 12:14 PM IST
Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Download it now.
- ENG won by 5 wkts.vs. ENGSA2nd ODISat, Feb 06, 2016Port Elizabeth, South AfricaEngland in South Africa OD...
- IND won by 197 runsvs. NAMINDSuper League QF 2Sat, Feb 06, 2016Fatullah, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- AUS won by 4 wkts.vs. AUSNZ2nd ODISat, Feb 06, 2016Wellington, New ZealandChappell-Hadlee Trophy, 20...
- live match CAN 16/1 (4 Overs)vs. IRECANPlate Championship PLIVECurrent Run Rate 4xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. IRECANPlate Championship PSun, Feb 07, 2016xxx-xxx-xxx, xxx-xxx-xxxUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLENGSuper League QF 3Sun, Feb 07, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshUnder-19 World Cup, 2016...
- Upcoming matchvs. IREPNG2nd T20ISun, Feb 07, 2016Townsville, AustraliaIreland vs Papua New Guine...