Rajkot: Moments after India won the first Test against England in Ahmedabad on November 19, skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his displeasure at the pitch pretty obvious as he questioned the reason for not being provided a wicket that assisted turn from ball one.
In Rajkot, Dhoni once again had to contend with the handiwork of the same man — BCCI’s West Zone curator Dhiraj Parsana.
Although the former Test cricketer isn’t allowed to talk about the comments made by Dhoni, there was a clear sign of disappointment as he spoke to Mail Today about Dhoni, his continuous tussle with curators across the country and on who he feels is the best skipper he has worked with.
Dhoni slams Motera wicket
“I am not in a position to comment on what Dhoni had to say about the Ahmedabad wicket. But I didn’t expect a smart and intelligent cricketer like Dhoni, who has done so well for India not only as captain but also as a player, to come up with the comments he made in the post-match press conference,” Parsana said.
“Although I wasn’t present there, I must say that we should be trusted with wicketmaking just as cricketers should be trusted with what they do best – play the game. I don’t think any cricketer would appreciate it if I go ahead and tell them that I don’t like the way they play the game and I would want them to brush up their skills.”
Parsana says he has never had an interaction with Dhoni on pitches.
“I have never interacted with Dhoni and he has never spoken to me about wickets. Every time before a match, he has walked in, checked the wickets and gone into the dressing room,” he said.
This is where Parsana rates former skipper Sourav Ganguly very highly and wishes that India keep producing such intelligent and knowledgeable captains.
“Ganguly always had an opinion about everything. But you couldn’t find one point where you could cut him off. All that he said always made sense. He would fight for the team and if he had anything against any curator or groundsman, he would go up to them and speak to them, making his displeasure known. This made working with him easier,” he said.
Dhoni’s comments after Motera Test hurt curator
Dhoni had said he doesn't want to see a wicket like the one at Motera in November after India had defeated England in the first Test.By Baidurjo Bhose | Mail Today – Sat 12 Jan, 2013 9:37 AM IST
Did you know that you can get stories like this on the Yahoo mail app?
Download it here.
Download it here.
- MUM won by 20 runsvs. HYDMUMMatch 23Sat, Apr 25, 2015Mumbai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- BLR won by 9 wkts.vs. BLRRAJMatch 22Fri, Apr 24, 2015Motera, Ahmedabad, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- BAN won by 7 wkts.vs. PAKBANOne-off T20IFri, Apr 24, 2015Mirpur, BangladeshPakistan in Bangladesh T20...
- live match CHE 0/0 (0 Overs)vs. MOHCHEMatch 24LIVECurrent Run RateChennai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- live match HYD 137/8 (20 Overs)vs. HYDMUMMatch 23LIVEMUM 157/8;Mumbai, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- live match WI 230/3 (83.3 Overs)vs. ENGWI2nd TestLIVEENG 464/10; WI 299/10;St George's, Grenada, West IndiesEngland in West Indies Tes...
Today on Yahoo
1 - 5 of 48