Dalmiya downplays Eden pitch controversy, says Prabir will continue to be curator

Kolkata, Dec. 1 (ANI): Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Jagmohan Dalmiya on Saturday rubbished all controversies surrounding the Eden Gardens pitch, and said veteran curator Prabir Mukherjee has gone on leave as he is not well.

"He will continue to be the curator and we are going ahead with the work. The work for the Test won't be affected. I haven't received any letter from him and if I get a letter it is a private matter between the curator and president. I had asked him to take rest because he is not well," said Dalmiya while emphasizing that all was well.

"I called him because I wanted to have a discussion with him. I have asked him not to speak to avoid confusion. We will inform the media if there is any development," he added.

Earlier this morning Mukherjee had lashed out at the CAB and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the treatment meted out to him and had gone on a month-long sick leave after being sidelined as the chief curator just before the third Test between India and England at Eden gardens.

Mukherjee's decision came after he was apparently sidelined for refusing to prepare a rank turner for the match as requested by Indian captain M.S.Dhoni.

Mukhejee, who has been preparing the pitch of the stadium since 1985, had sent a letter to CAB this morning and sought a medical leave for a month. He also hinted that he might not rejoin the association. (ANI)


Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.