By Rakesh Dixit
BHUBANESHWAR: EMBARRASSED over Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor's remarks on Biju Janata Dal supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Congress' Orissa unit has lodged a protest with the party high command.
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.
"It may be the personal view of Tharoor but he has no authority to speak about the party matters in Orissa. We have already lodged our protest with the concerned AICC leaders," said Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Jaydev Jena.
Jena said when senior party leaders visit the state; they contact local Congress leaders and even visit the party office in Bhubaneswar.
However, Tharoor, who visited the state last week with his wife Sunanda Pushkar, neither went to the Congress Bhavan nor did he try to get in touch with any party leader.
Reproduced From Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
Congress slams Tharoor
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.Mail Today – Tue 8 Oct, 2013 4:11 PM IST
By Rakesh Dixit
Download it now.
- AFG won by 12 runsvs. OMNAFG2nd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...
- AUS won by 3 wkts.vs. NZAUS3rd TestFri, Nov 27, 2015Adelaide, AustraliaTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2015...
- AFG won by 27 runsvs. OMNAFG1st T20ISun, Nov 29, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGPAK3rd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- vs. SAIND4th TestThu, Dec 03, 2015Thu, Dec 03, 2015Delhi, IndiaSouth Africa in India Test...
- vs. SLNZ1st TestWed, Dec 09, 2015Wed, Dec 09, 2015Dunedin, New ZealandSri Lanka in New Zealand T...