By Rakesh Dixit
BHUBANESHWAR: EMBARRASSED over Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor's remarks on Biju Janata Dal supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Congress' Orissa unit has lodged a protest with the party high command.
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.
"It may be the personal view of Tharoor but he has no authority to speak about the party matters in Orissa. We have already lodged our protest with the concerned AICC leaders," said Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Jaydev Jena.
Jena said when senior party leaders visit the state; they contact local Congress leaders and even visit the party office in Bhubaneswar.
However, Tharoor, who visited the state last week with his wife Sunanda Pushkar, neither went to the Congress Bhavan nor did he try to get in touch with any party leader.
Reproduced From Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
Congress slams Tharoor
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.Mail Today – Tue 8 Oct, 2013 4:11 PM IST
By Rakesh Dixit
Download it now.
- SL won by 106 runsvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM2nd TestSat, Aug 06, 2016Sat, Aug 06, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...