Washington, Aug 19 (ANI): Lee Daniels' new film 'The Butler' topped the U.S. weekend box office with earnings amounting to 25 million dollars.
The historic drama, which talks about civil-rights issues, beat out Jennifer Aniston's 'We're the Millers' and science-fiction thriller 'Elysium,' Fox News reported.
The fourth place was bagged by Universal Pictures' 'Kick-Ass 2', while 'Jobs,' a low-budget biopic about Apple Inc. founder Steve Jobs trailed at seventh spot.
Top 10 box office earners:
1. 'The Butler'- 25 million dollars
2. 'We're the Millers' -17.8 million dollars
3. 'Elysium' - 13.6 million dollars
4. 'Kick-Ass 2' - 13.57 million dollars
5. 'Planes' - 13.1 million dollars
6. 'Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters'- 8.4 million dollars
7. 'Jobs' - 6.7 million dollars
8. '2 Guns'- 5.6 million dollars
9. 'The Smurfs 2' - 4.6 million dollars
10. 'The Wolverine'- 4.4 million dollars. (ANI)