Sydney, Oct 27 (ANI): South Africa off spinner Johan Botha has said Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon is currently suffering from information overload, and must clear his mind before first Test match against the Proteas at Gabba, starting November 9.
Lyon has taken only six wickets in three Sheffield Shield games this season, including four in the Redbacks' fixture against Queensland, which ended in a draw on Friday.
Botha expects South African players to target Lyon throughout the three-Test series, but backed him to find his best form in time for the Test series.
"There is a lot being spoken about him. He is thinking about a lot of things. Hopefully he can just clear it up and have his mind settled before the first Test," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Botha, as saying.
"As a spinner, you obviously have just got a bit of spin - there are no bouncers, there are no yorkers - so you just want to do that over and over," he added.
"And if you start thinking too much you probably don't land them where you want to all the time," he said.
- Australia's chief selector urges doosra caution
- Warne to Australian spinners: Stick to basics
- Australia spin prospect Holland out for Test season
- New broadcasting deals to take CA in billionaire league
- Sutherland rules out longer Test series between Proteas, Oz
- Inverarity defends non-selection of young quicks Bird, Hazelwood