Patna, July 8 (ANI): Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday said that those responsible for the terror strike in the temple town of Bodh Gaya would not be spared.
"This is the first incident of serial blasts in Bihar. All angles are being investigated. We shouldn't speculate on who was responsible for the serial blasts. Let the NIA complete its probe and then the culprit will be brought to justice," he told the media here.
Speaking about the security situation in and around the temple premises, Kumar said, "Not only the security outside the temple, but also inside the premises is being taken over by the state police. We have also asked CISF to provide security for the Mahabodhi temple."
The Bihar Chief Minister also defended state government officials, and said that the response to the incident was very less and that they reached the spot in quick time and relayed the information fast.
Kumar further informed that his government is mulling the creation of an anti-terror squad in Bihar.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has begun probing the serial blasts, which rocked the temple town of Bodh Gaya yesterday.
Two monks were injured in the nine low intensity blasts.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami yesterday termed the blasts as a terror attack.
Security agencies suspect that Indian Mujahideen may be behind yesterday's multiple blasts.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the blasts.
The Home Ministry has directed all states to ensure foolproof security at Buddhist shrines and Tibetan settlements.
Bihar Police has detained one person from Gaya for questioning in connection with the serial blasts.
According to television reports, the man was detained on the basis of eyewitness accounts and the ongoing investigations. He, however, has not yet been declared a suspect. (ANI)