Melbourne, June 27 (ANI): Kids are more likely to develop asthma from living in damp and mouldy homes, an international study has found.
The research, which is a part of a study of 46,000 children in 20 countries, has found that dust mite levels were higher in damp homes, and children were more likely to become allergic to dust mites in such houses, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The study conducted by University of Otago provided extensive evidence that living in damp homes was also associated with allergies, hay fever and eczema.
Researchers suggested that the increased levels of dust mites weren't linked with wheezing. (ANI)