Report | Scorecard
Bangalore: Did India play it into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner? At least Mohammed Hafeez feels so.
Asked whether he was surprised not to see Ravichandran Ashwin in the Indian XI, Hafeez said: “We were a bit surprised… But his absence definitely helped us. The Indian pacers were bowling fast. So, Shoaib and I planned that if we can negotiate the new ball, we can easily dominate their spinners, who were not world-class in this match. I think they didn’t have quality of spinners.”
“I know Yuvraj is in great form… But if you are not a world-class spinner, it becomes difficult for you to perform in every match,” he added.
Praising his bowlers, Hafeez said: “It is a great effort as we wanted to do well at the start of the series. The boys have shown great character, especially our bowlers. I think Mohammed Irfan was brilliant, though it was just his debut T20 match. We expected him to perform and thought that he would be the surprise package for us. He didn’t disappoint us.”
“The bowlers have performed beyond our expectations… Also, the fielding was superb,” Hafeez said.
Ashwin’s absence helped us: Hafeez
Hafeez feels India played into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner at Bangalore.The Telegraph – Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:08 AM IST
Report | Scorecard
Download it now.
- live match IND 15/0 (2 Overs)vs. INDWI2nd T20ILIVEWI 143/10;Lauderhill, Florida, UsaIndia vs West Indies T20 S...
- live match AUS 227/8 (46 Overs)vs. AUSSL3rd ODILIVESL 226/10;Rangiri, Sri LankaAustralia in Sri Lanka ODI...
- live match NZ 38/3 (16 Overs)vs. NZSA2nd TestLIVESA 481/8(D);Centurion, South AfricaNew Zealand in South Afric...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKENG3rd ODITue, Aug 30, 2016Nottingham, EnglandPakistan in England ODI Se...
- vs. AUSSL4th ODIWed, Aug 31, 2016Wed, Aug 31, 2016Rangiri, Sri LankaAustralia in Sri Lanka ODI...
- vs. PAKENG4th ODIThu, Sep 01, 2016Thu, Sep 01, 2016Leeds, EnglandPakistan in England ODI Se...