Report | Scorecard
Bangalore: Did India play it into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner? At least Mohammed Hafeez feels so.
Asked whether he was surprised not to see Ravichandran Ashwin in the Indian XI, Hafeez said: “We were a bit surprised… But his absence definitely helped us. The Indian pacers were bowling fast. So, Shoaib and I planned that if we can negotiate the new ball, we can easily dominate their spinners, who were not world-class in this match. I think they didn’t have quality of spinners.”
“I know Yuvraj is in great form… But if you are not a world-class spinner, it becomes difficult for you to perform in every match,” he added.
Praising his bowlers, Hafeez said: “It is a great effort as we wanted to do well at the start of the series. The boys have shown great character, especially our bowlers. I think Mohammed Irfan was brilliant, though it was just his debut T20 match. We expected him to perform and thought that he would be the surprise package for us. He didn’t disappoint us.”
“The bowlers have performed beyond our expectations… Also, the fielding was superb,” Hafeez said.
Ashwin’s absence helped us: Hafeez
Hafeez feels India played into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner at Bangalore.The Telegraph – Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:08 AM IST
Report | Scorecard
Download it now.
- ENG wickets (By Super Over)vs. ENGPAK3rd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesEngland vs Pakistan T20 Se...
- AFG won by 12 runsvs. OMNAFG2nd T20IMon, Nov 30, 2015Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Oman T20 Se...
- AUS won by 3 wkts.vs. NZAUS3rd TestFri, Nov 27, 2015Adelaide, AustraliaTrans-Tasman Trophy, 2015...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. SAIND4th TestThu, Dec 03, 2015Thu, Dec 03, 2015Delhi, IndiaSouth Africa in India Test...
- vs. SLNZ1st TestWed, Dec 09, 2015Wed, Dec 09, 2015Dunedin, New ZealandSri Lanka in New Zealand T...
- vs. WIAUS1st TestThu, Dec 10, 2015Thu, Dec 10, 2015Hobart, AustraliaThe Frank Worrell Trophy, ...