Report | Scorecard
Bangalore: Did India play it into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner? At least Mohammed Hafeez feels so.
Asked whether he was surprised not to see Ravichandran Ashwin in the Indian XI, Hafeez said: “We were a bit surprised… But his absence definitely helped us. The Indian pacers were bowling fast. So, Shoaib and I planned that if we can negotiate the new ball, we can easily dominate their spinners, who were not world-class in this match. I think they didn’t have quality of spinners.”
“I know Yuvraj is in great form… But if you are not a world-class spinner, it becomes difficult for you to perform in every match,” he added.
Praising his bowlers, Hafeez said: “It is a great effort as we wanted to do well at the start of the series. The boys have shown great character, especially our bowlers. I think Mohammed Irfan was brilliant, though it was just his debut T20 match. We expected him to perform and thought that he would be the surprise package for us. He didn’t disappoint us.”
“The bowlers have performed beyond our expectations… Also, the fielding was superb,” Hafeez said.
Ashwin’s absence helped us: Hafeez
Hafeez feels India played into Pakistan’s hands by not playing a specialist spinner at Bangalore.The Telegraph – Wed 26 Dec, 2012 11:08 AM IST
Report | Scorecard
Download it now.
- PAK won by 8 wkts.vs. WIPAK3rd T20ITue, Sep 27, 2016Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies T2...
- AUS won by 9 wkts.vs. IREAUSOne-off ODITue, Sep 27, 2016Benoni, South AfricaAustralia vs Ireland ODI S...
- IND won by 197 runsvs. NZIND1st TestThu, Sep 22, 2016Kanpur, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AFGBAN2nd ODIWed, Sep 28, 2016Mirpur, BangladeshAfghanistan in Bangladesh ...
- vs. NZIND2nd TestFri, Sep 30, 2016Fri, Sep 30, 2016Kolkata, IndiaNew Zealand in India Test ...
- vs. WIPAK1st ODIFri, Sep 30, 2016Fri, Sep 30, 2016Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs West Indies OD...