2012 saw Apple and Samsung embroiled in an ugly battle over copyright infringement. Apple accused the Korean electronics major of stealing the iPhone design and plastering it on its own phones resulting in a loss of millions of dollars.
Samsung refuted these claims, and a pitched battle ensued.
Eventually Samsung was forced to eat humble pie, the court ordered that the company pay $1 billion in damages. Apple justified attacking its vendor (a lot of Samsung’s product go into Apple devices) stating that it had resorted to taking Samsung to court as a last resort.
Samsung may have had to cough up $1 billion fine, but demand for its phones continue to surge, even after Apple debuted its iPhone 5.
Top Tech Stories of the Year
- 齊心祝禱，平安歸來！（教育部因應高雄美濃0206地震應變處置與災損統計說明）公共消息 - Sun 7 Feb, 2016 2:33 PM IST
- 教育部因應高雄美濃0206地震應變處置與災損統計說明公共消息 - Sun 7 Feb, 2016 10:02 AM IST
- 教育部因應高雄美濃0206地震應變處置與各級學校災損統計說明公共消息 - Sat 6 Feb, 2016 9:44 AM IST
- 教育部追頒張榮發董事長一等教育專業獎章公共消息 - Tue 2 Feb, 2016 10:03 AM IST
- 工具人畢生最大的謊言社會觀察 - Mon 4 Jan, 2016 1:39 PM IST
- 反擊紫光，要靠「台灣少年兵」！社會觀察 - Wed 16 Dec, 2015 1:53 PM IST
- 一個陸生眼中的台灣—寫在「我從未向你們乞討之後」社會觀察 - Thu 10 Dec, 2015 2:12 PM IST
- 「馬習會」效應才剛開始社會觀察 - Sun 8 Nov, 2015 6:55 AM IST
- 台北市「淹水地圖」只做了一半，實情其實更嚴重！專家：再不硬起來都更，天龍國恐變「海龍國」社會觀察 - Thu 1 Oct, 2015 12:53 PM IST
- 教育部配合104年國家防災日系列活動，舉辦各級學校地震避難掩護演練活動公共消息 - Mon 21 Sep, 2015 8:28 AM IST
- 美元利率動向 牽動全球股匯市走勢社會觀察 - Fri 28 Aug, 2015 9:07 AM IST
- 一歪入魂社會觀察 - Fri 14 Aug, 2015 2:11 PM IST
- 烏來的崩毀 不是天災是人禍？社會觀察 - Wed 12 Aug, 2015 10:00 AM IST
- 台灣人必須譴責岩里政男的釣魚臺妄論社會觀察 - Tue 28 Jul, 2015 1:08 PM IST
- 邁向頂尖大學計畫─紮根基礎科學．躍昇國際舞臺成果發表會公共消息 - Mon 6 Jul, 2015 9:46 AM IST
Apple wins copyright infringementBy Nelson Moses | Yahoo! India News – Mon 26 Nov, 2012 12:45 PM IST
From shaking up the very foundations of the Indian government to stirring up unseemly controversies, from showing incredible courage in the face of extreme adversities to losing a reputation built over years of hard work in just a blink of an eye, from setting the electoral hustings afire with golden speeches to getting into trouble for not speaking at all, there were many 'newsmakers' in 2012 who caught the common man's imagination. Some made it for stellar reasons, others for all there is wrong with the society. Here are 12 'newsmakers' that deserve a mention. More »
Trying to pick twelve travel destinations in India is a little like choosing the twelve best feathers on a peacock’s train, but pick we must. The most dramatic phenomenon we’ve observed in 2012 is the rising number of Indians choosing their own country for a great holiday. At one end of the spectrum, they are hitchhiking and backpacking. At the other they are patronising the most luxurious hotels and resorts once reserved for tourists brandishing wads of foreign exchange. Keen to experiment, they are experiencing everything from scuba-diving to cycling. Many are taking to wildlife and landscape photography with a passion. Here’s our selection of the 12 most captivating Indian holiday destinations of 2012. Feel free to argue but, most importantly, get up and pack! More »
It was an eventful year in the world of finance and business, one that actively involved all three actors: the government, people and even the common man. From violent employee agitations to controversial reform proposals and volatile economic indicators, we compile the twelve defining news events of 2012. More »