New Delhi, Aug.10 (ANI): Soon after five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani Specialist Forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch District earlier this week, Pakistan violated the cease-fire again late Friday night.
Pakistani troops opened fire on several points near on the Indian army's Durga post in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch District around midnight, forcing the Indian side to retaliate.
However, no causalities were reported on the Indian side.
Further details are awaited.
Five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani Specialist Forces on July 6 along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch District.
Defence Minister A.K.Antony on July 8 made a fresh statement in the Lok Sabha where he accepted and acknowledged after being briefed by the Chief of Army Staff, General Bikram Singh, that Specialist Forces of the Pakistan Army were involved in the ambushed attack on six Indian Army soldiers on Tuesday morning in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch District, leading to the death of five of them.
"It is now clear that Specialist Forces of the Pakistan Army were involved in the attack.Those in Pakistan who are responsible for this tragedy, should not go unpunished. Our restraint should not be taken for granted," said Antony.
Antony said that his earlier statement to both Houses of Parliament were made on the basis of facts available to him then, and that now, he was making a fresh and amended statement based on the feedback provided to him by General Bikram Singh after the latter's visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday.
He also warned that attacks such as this will have consequences not only on the Line of Control (LoC), but also naturally on the (future) relationship with Pakistan.
He said that the Indian Government would not stand by the wayside and allow the sanctity of the LoC to be violated time and again. (ANI)