Formerly known as the National Stadium or the Dacca Stadium, it is Bangladesh’s oldest stadium. It’s been unused since March1, 2005 inspite of having a seating capacity that is close to 36000 and having installed floodlights in the year 1998. It hosted its first test between India and Pakistan from January 1-4 and its first ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka on October 27, 1988. It also holds another record to its credit. It is the only venue in the world to have hosted an inaugural home fixture for two Test nations. India were the visitors on both occasions: in 1954-55, when Dacca was the capital of East Pakistan, and 46 years later, when Bangladesh became the tenth nation to attain Test status. It is now handed over for the sole use of the national football squad.