Bagh-e-Jinnah ground is probably one of the oldest cricket venues in Pakistan. It is situated in the big city of Lahore and was previously known as the Lawrence Gardens. Cricket was started being played at this venue way back in 1880, during the time when the Asian countries were under the reign of the British. The Bagh-e-Jinnah is a historical park where all the entertainment and sports facilities are available. The cricket matches were played at the Lahore Gymkhana and the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir used to have regular fixtures against several teams on this ground. The ground also played host to friendly matches and competitive fixtures. It hosted its first ever international game in 1948, which was an unofficial Test match between Pakistan and West Indies. Lahore Gardens first got an opportunity to host an international match on 29th January, 1955. It was a Test match between Pakistan and India which ended in a draw. The series was also the India's first ever on Pakistan soil. The ground hosted two more Test matches until 1959, when it lost it Test status to Gaddafi Stadium. Today, the large Bagh-e-Jinnah Park contains a mosque, a library, a beautiful garden, tennis courts and a restaurant.