Question for readers: How can India improve upon this performance?
9.54 pm - Ishant lbw b Broad, India 261 all out.
A gripping, tiring Test finally ends. England's 196-run win is truly well-deserved.
Hit by fitness problems, India could win just one session when Ishant was on fire. England have been the better side by far in this match.
Lessons for India:
1) Spruce up the pace department. Trent Bridge is a pace-friendly venue.
2) Three-and-a-half bowlers won't win you a Test match against a top-class side.
3) Work on your slip catching.
4) Take a leaf out of Raina's book. Bat for the team.
5) When you're on top, attack. Seize the game, take it forward.
7) Drop Harbhajan. Anyone but Harbhajan. Please.
Some reactions to England's wins:
Read More »from Live Blog: England vs India, Day 5, Lord’s