- Herath spins Sri Lanka to memorable win over Australia
(Reuters) - Rangana Herath claimed four Australian wickets to spin Sri Lanka to a remarkable 106-run victory on an intriguing final day in the weather-hit first test in Pallekele on Saturday. A hamstrung Steve O'Keefe and Peter Nevill tried to delay the inevitable with nearly 30 overs of dogged resistance but could not deny Sri Lanka only their second test win over Australia which put the hosts 1-0 up in the three-match series. Chasing 268 runs for victory, Australia eventually folded for 161 in Steve Smith's first loss as their test captain. More »
- England have potential to rule world - Hoggard
By Tony Jimenez COVENTRY, England (Reuters) - England possess so much strength in depth that captain Alastair Cook's side have the potential to dominate world cricket for years to come, according to former Ashes-winning fast bowler Matthew Hoggard. Hoggard, England's ninth-highest test wicket-taker with 248 victims in 67 matches, believes his country are already feared by the other elite sides after defeating Australia, South Africa, India, New Zealand and Sri Lanka over the past three years. Cook's team are fourth in the test rankings behind top-rated Australia, India and Pakistan but the former Yorkshire seamer expects them to climb to the summit soon. More »
- England's Stuart Broad says Joe Root is the most complete batsman he has played with
Stuart Broad has hailed England's Joe Root as the most complete batsman he has ever played alongside. The Yorkshireman was named the man of the match in England's 330-run win against Pakistan at Old Trafford and Broad is full of praise for the 25-year-old right-hander. Broad has played with the likes of Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell and Alastair Cook, but thinks Root is the most complete player to represent England during his career, which stretches back to 2007. More »
- How does record-breaking Dota 2 TI6 prize money compare to major sporting competitions?
With millions now tuning in to watch the grandest competitive gaming events, the eSports industry's phenomenal growth shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. More »
- 5 cricketers who showed effects of drunkenness on the cricket field
After-match parties are quite common these days especially in the Indian Premier League. More »
- Top 5 DRS decision that changed the course of a cricket match
A list of the top 5 DRS controversies that had a bearing on the outcome of a match. More »
- West Indies vs India, 2nd Test: Where to watch live, prediction, preview, betting odds, possible XI and live streaming information
India lead the four match Test series 1-0. Live TV coverage is available on Sky Sports 5 and Sky Sports 5 HD. West Indies's inept display where they lost by an innings and 92 runs in the first Test have given fans yet another indication of the task ahead if they are to flourish in the five-day game. More »
- Despite Russia's doping scandal and Rio 2016 troubles we will all be gripped by Olympics fever
Virtually no Olympic Games goes ahead without a plethora of "it's-not-going-to-be-ready-in-time" worries and other controversies appearing in the weeks/months leading up to the event. The stadium won't be finished in time, they said, ahead of the very first modern Olympics in Athens in 1896. The same was said ahead of Antwerp in the first post-First Wold War Games and almost every Games since, although not so much before the 1936 Berlin Olympics but that's a very different kettle of fish. More »
- New Zealand's Wagner praises bowling stocks after career-best return
New Zealand seamer Neil Wagner has praised his country's bowling stocks after career-best figures of six for 41 helped skittle Zimbabwe for 164 on a flat batting wicket on the first day of the opening test on Thursday. Zimbabwe elected to bat first on a wicket that seemingly offered little for the bowlers but Wagner’s ability to generate pace and his exceptional bouncers had batsmen hopping around the crease. More »
- 5 times Virat Kohli had an on-field altercation with the opposition
Five instances when Virat Kohli was involved in a verbal duel with players from the opposite side. More »
- : Played,
- : Won,
- : Drawn,
- : Lost,
- : No Result,
- : Net Run Rate,
- : Points
- SL won by 106 runsvs. AUSSL1st TestTue, Jul 26, 2016Kandy, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...
- vs. NZZIM2nd TestSat, Aug 06, 2016Sat, Aug 06, 2016Bulawayo, ZimbabweNew Zealand in Zimbabwe Te...