- Latest injury setback leaves England's Stokes devastated
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has said he is "devastated" after his calf injury ruled him out of the third test against Pakistan. The 25-year-old tore his right calf muscle during England's series-levelling 330-run win against Pakistan at Old Trafford on Monday, in his first appearance since undergoing a knee surgery in May. "Devastated about the injury especially with all the hard work put in by myself and others to get me back to FULL fitness," Stokes tweeted on Thursday. More »
- Mendis masterclass suggests life after Sri Lanka batting greats
For a nation in the throes of a tricky transition since stalwarts Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene walked off into the sunset, Kusal Mendis' batting heroics against Australia on Thursday will offer new hope to Sri Lanka. Already on the back foot after conceding an 86-run first innings lead, they were reeling on six for two when the 21-year-old walked out to bat at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium. In a bowler-dominated contest where no other batsman has managed a fifty, Mendis nonchalantly brought up his maiden test century, hitting off-spinner Nathan Lyon over the ropes. More »
- Magnificent Mendis revives Sri Lanka with maiden ton
(Reuters) - Sri Lankan Kusal Mendis struck a majestic maiden test century on day three of the first test against Australia to leave the bowler-dominated contest evenly poised at Pallekele on Thursday. The 21-year-old was unbeaten on 169 -- 52 runs more than his team managed in the first innings -- when rain forced the players off the ground 10 overs after tea with Sri Lanka on 282-6. Dilruwan Perera was on five with Sri Lanka leading by 196 runs with four wickets in hand as rain continued to plague the test which has already seen the final sessions of the first two days washed out. More »
- 5 bowlers who conceded most runs in a Test innings without picking up a wicket
Five instances that proved to be a nightmare for bowlers. More »
- Top 5 'firsts' in cricket to take place in Sri Lanka
A list of the many firsts which has taken place in Sri Lanka. More »
- 5 bowlers who have conceded the most number of runs in an ODI innings without picking up a wicket
We list 5 bowlers who have been taken apart in an ODI innings and have gone wicketless in the process. More »
- Aussie fan jailed for streaking during cricket match in Sri Lanka
When you get bored at the cricket, don’t take your clothes off. More »
- Calf injury rules England's Stokes out of third test
REUTERS - England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been ruled out of the third test against Pakistan with the calf injury he sustained in the second test, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday. Stokes, making his first appearance after undergoing a knee surgery in May, tore his right calf muscle during England's series-levelling, 330-run win against Pakistan at Old Trafford on Monday. The 25-year-old will be assessed again next week, the ECB said in a statement (http://bit.ly/2aK1rOf). ... More »
- Cricket-Caribbean series hopes to crack US market with T20 foray
Chris Gayle and Shane Watson need no introductions in cricket-playing countries but while they are unlikely to become household names in the U.S. anytime soon they could help raise the sport's profile in a Twenty20 series in Florida this week. The games are part of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL), a six-week long competition featuring six franchises from around the region. More »
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes ruled out of third Test match against Pakistan through injury
England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been ruled out of the third Test match against Pakistan with a calf injury. Stokes made his return to the England team in their one-sided win against the tourists at Old Trafford last week, but broke down while bowling inthe tourists' second innings. More »
- : Played,
- : Won,
- : Drawn,
- : Lost,
- : No Result,
- : Net Run Rate,
- : Points
- ENG won by 330 runsvs. PAKENG2nd TestFri, Jul 22, 2016Manchester, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- IND won by an inn.vs. INDWI1st TestThu, Jul 21, 2016Antigua, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- IRE won by 12 runsvs. AFGIRE5th ODITue, Jul 19, 2016Stormont, Belfast, IrelandAfghanistan in Ireland ODI...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDWI2nd TestSat, Jul 30, 2016Kingston, Jamaica, West IndiesIndia in West Indies Test ...
- vs. PAKENG3rd TestWed, Aug 03, 2016Wed, Aug 03, 2016Birmingham, EnglandPakistan in England Test S...
- vs. AUSSL2nd TestThu, Aug 04, 2016Thu, Aug 04, 2016Galle, Sri LankaWarne-Muralitharan Trophy,...