Young Shahzaib Hasan came into prominence in his debut season for domestic side Karachi Blues, piling 607 runs in 10 Quaid-e-Azam matches with an additional 250 in 7 one-dayers. All of 19, he was included in Pakistan’s 2009 T20 Word Cup squad to play in England.Fast Facts
While initially unselected, Hasan replaced an out-of-form Salman Batt as an opener, 3 games into the tournament. Tall and powerful, his explosive style saw quickfire runs against New Zealand and Ireland leading Pakistan to a final berth. His knock of 19 against Sri Lanka paved way for Pakistan to be crowned champions.
He got his first ODI call up to face the Lankans in the 2010 Asia Cup. After a slow-paced 11 on debut, he was dropped for the next match against India but soon retained his spot for the match against Bangladesh. Facing the same, he scored his maiden half-century.
- He is only one of ten U-21 players to have scored a half-century in the Asia Cup joining legends such as Sachin Tendulkar, Aravinda De Silva and Ijaz Ahmed.
- He was the 4th youngest debutant in the 2009 ICC World T20.
- Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Rangiri - Jun 15, 2010
- Last played:
- Pakistan Vs South Africa at Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium, Dubai - Nov 08, 2010
- Pakistan Vs New Zealand at The Oval, London - Jun 13, 2009
- Last played:
- Pakistan Vs South Africa at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi - Oct 27, 2010