1993: The First Of Lara's Epics
On 5 January 1993, West Indies batting great Brian Charles Lara showed his appetite for 'daddy centuries' as he scored the first double century of his career en route to scoring 277 versus Australia in Sydney. This, his maiden Test century in his fifth Test and ninth innings, was the turning point of the series as West Indies won the final two Tests to win the series 2–1. Wisden described Lara's 277 as an innings of "breathtaking quality" which turned a series that was slipping from West Indies. This was the first of Lara's nine Test centuries against Australia; and he ended his glittering career with 34 tons in the longest format. The knock of 277 is Lara's third-highest in Test cricket after his world record scores of 400* and 375.
- vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- PAK won by 3 wkts.vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- Match abandonedvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- live match AUS 129/3 (30 Overs)vs. ENGAUS3rd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 4.3Perth, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- vs. SLPAK2nd T20IFri, Dec 13, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- vs. INDSA1st TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa Test...
- vs. SLPAK1st ODIWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI ...
Latest Photo Albums
All the best quotes from the month of December in this collection. More » Soundbyte — December 2013
All the action from the match at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on December 11, 2013 in this collection.
Shahid Afridi scored an unbeaten 20-ball 39, hitting the winning six … More » Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 International
We're back with Episode 6 of your wonderful street photography. If you are a photographer, here's how you can participate. [More » Street Cricket Photography Challenge - 6
Modern cricket may have evolved to occupy huge stadia in urban centres with thousands following every movement on the field. But the great game is not just confined to full-houses , as is evident from these pictures, which show the battle between willow and leather taken to great heights, and even greater … More » Cricket In The Weirdest Places
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died peacefully at home at the age of 95 on December 5, 2013 after months fighting a lung infection, leaving his nation and the world in mourning for a man revered as a moral giant.
More » Cricketers Remember Nelson Mandela
Action images from the first Test between New Zealand and West Indies at Dunedin, December 3-7, 2013.
New Zealand were stranded an agonising 33 runs short of their first … More » 1st Test: New Zealand vs West Indies
Virender Sehwag took the West Indies bowling apart on December 8, 2011 at Indore as he became only the second man to go past 200 in One-Day Internationals at the time.
Sehwag hit 25 boundaries and 7 sixes … More » [FLASHBACK] Sehwag Gets The Highest ODI Score
Fans dress up colourfully for the second Ashes Test between Australia and England in Adelaide. More » Colourful fans at Adelaide Oval