Vogue Cookbook: Decadence Dessert
With January almost over, it's time to give up your detox and treat yourself with some food indulgences. Forget everything else, this Decadence dessert is only for that purest breed of chocolate lovers. Created by the chefs at Four Seasons Hotel, Mumbai, the chocolate dessert will be available at San-Qi and Café Prato for only a week. True chocolate connoisseurs should try this fairly simple recipe at home, after all with Valentine's Day just round the corner you never know who you'd need to impress.
Ingredients for White chocolate mousse:
Cream – 100ml
Gelatin – 4 gm
Valrhona chocolate (ivoire) – 250 gm
- Whip the cream
- Soak the gelatin in cold water
- Melt the chocolate and add the gelatin until dissolved
- Fold in the whipped cream and refrigerate until required
Ingredients for Chocolate sorbet:
Milk – 400 gm
Sugar – 200 gm
Valrhona cocoa powder – 100gm
Valrhona chocolate (manjari 70%) – 100 gm
- Place the milk and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to the boil
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients until dissolved
- Allow to cool, then churn in an ice cream machine. Freeze until required
Ingredients for Chocolate brownie:
Eggs (whole) – 4 pc
Butter – 150 gm
Flour – 300 gm
Hazelnuts – 200 gm
Baking powder – 5 gm
Caster sugar – 400 gm
Valrhona chocolate (caraibe 66%) – 250 gm
- Cream the butter and sugar until the sugar is dissolved and is light and fluffy
- Slowly add the eggs one by one.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
Ingredients for Chocolate tart:
Sugar – 100 gm
Butter – 250 gm
Egg (yolk) – 4 pc
Sweet pastry – 1 pc
Valrhona chocolate (caraibe 66%) – 250 gm
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a water bath
- Combine the sugar and egg yolks and whisk over heat until they become light and fluffy
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture
- Then pour into a baked sweet pastry tart
- Place in the oven at 100 degrees C for 5 minutes
- Allow to cool before slicing
You may also like:
- SL won by 24 runsvs. SLPAK2nd T20IFri, Dec 13, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- NZ won by an inn.vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- PAK won by 3 wkts.vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- live match AUS 326/6 (87 Overs)vs. ENGAUS3rd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 3.74Perth, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- vs. INDSA1st TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa Test...
- vs. SLPAK1st ODIWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI ...
- vs. WINZ3rd TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Hamilton, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
Latest Photo Albums
All the best quotes from the month of December in this collection. More » Soundbyte — December 2013
All the action from the match at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on December 11, 2013 in this collection.
Shahid Afridi scored an unbeaten 20-ball 39, hitting the winning six … More » Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 International
We're back with Episode 6 of your wonderful street photography. If you are a photographer, here's how you can participate. [More » Street Cricket Photography Challenge - 6
Modern cricket may have evolved to occupy huge stadia in urban centres with thousands following every movement on the field. But the great game is not just confined to full-houses , as is evident from these pictures, which show the battle between willow and leather taken to great heights, and even greater … More » Cricket In The Weirdest Places
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died peacefully at home at the age of 95 on December 5, 2013 after months fighting a lung infection, leaving his nation and the world in mourning for a man revered as a moral giant.
More » Cricketers Remember Nelson Mandela
Action images from the first Test between New Zealand and West Indies at Dunedin, December 3-7, 2013.
New Zealand were stranded an agonising 33 runs short of their first … More » 1st Test: New Zealand vs West Indies
Virender Sehwag took the West Indies bowling apart on December 8, 2011 at Indore as he became only the second man to go past 200 in One-Day Internationals at the time.
Sehwag hit 25 boundaries and 7 sixes … More » [FLASHBACK] Sehwag Gets The Highest ODI Score
Fans dress up colourfully for the second Ashes Test between Australia and England in Adelaide. More » Colourful fans at Adelaide Oval