Street Photographer Captures New York City Romance Over 30 Years
When street photographer Matt Weber was a New York City taxi driver in the late '70s and early '80s, he witnessed "many unbelievable" events while on the job, he says, and got a firsthand look at the hardships and loneliness of life in a big city. So in 1984, Weber decided to record it all, buying his first camera, a $150 Canon AE-1, and snapping away from the window of his yellow cab. Over the past 30 years, in addition to documenting everything from fist fights to dancing in the streets the Big Apple, the 55-year-old has also captured a more romantic side of New York, photographing couples in love. "I must be a romantic, since the old black and white movies have always gotten the best of me," Weber tells Yahoo Shine. From PDA at a subway station to couples stealing kisses on bustling sidewalks, check out a few of the photographs from one of his collections, "Urban Romance." -- Ali Swank
- Wed 9 Oct, 2013 9:29 PM IST
- vs. SLPAK2nd T20IFri, Dec 13, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- NZ won by an inn.vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- PAK won by 3 wkts.vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- vs. ENGAUS3rd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 3.74Perth, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- vs. INDSA1st TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa Test...
- vs. SLPAK1st ODIWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI ...
- vs. WINZ3rd TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Hamilton, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
Latest Photo Albums
All the best quotes from the month of December in this collection. More » Soundbyte — December 2013
All the action from the match at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on December 11, 2013 in this collection.
Shahid Afridi scored an unbeaten 20-ball 39, hitting the winning six … More » Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 International
We're back with Episode 6 of your wonderful street photography. If you are a photographer, here's how you can participate. [More » Street Cricket Photography Challenge - 6
Modern cricket may have evolved to occupy huge stadia in urban centres with thousands following every movement on the field. But the great game is not just confined to full-houses , as is evident from these pictures, which show the battle between willow and leather taken to great heights, and even greater … More » Cricket In The Weirdest Places
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died peacefully at home at the age of 95 on December 5, 2013 after months fighting a lung infection, leaving his nation and the world in mourning for a man revered as a moral giant.
More » Cricketers Remember Nelson Mandela
Action images from the first Test between New Zealand and West Indies at Dunedin, December 3-7, 2013.
New Zealand were stranded an agonising 33 runs short of their first … More » 1st Test: New Zealand vs West Indies
Virender Sehwag took the West Indies bowling apart on December 8, 2011 at Indore as he became only the second man to go past 200 in One-Day Internationals at the time.
Sehwag hit 25 boundaries and 7 sixes … More » [FLASHBACK] Sehwag Gets The Highest ODI Score
Fans dress up colourfully for the second Ashes Test between Australia and England in Adelaide. More » Colourful fans at Adelaide Oval