Paul Adams: Cricketer Or Contortionist?
Former South Africa left-arm chinaman bowler Paul Adams, who was born on 20 January 1977 at Cape Town, became his country's youngest Test cricketer on 26 December 1995 when he
made his debut against England in Port Elizabeth at the age of 18 years and 340 days. Adams' bowling action was highly unorthodox and Mike Gatting likened it to a "frog in a blender". Though his action initially caught batsmen by surprise, he was soon exposed for lack of variety and quietly slid out of the reckoning. Adams took 134 wickets from 45
Test matches and 29 wickets from 24 ODIs.
- vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- PAK won by 3 wkts.vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- Match abandonedvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- vs. INDSA1st TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa Test...
- vs. SLPAK1st ODIWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI ...
- vs. WINZ3rd TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Hamilton, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
Latest Photo Albums
All the best quotes from the month of December in this collection. More » Soundbyte — December 2013
All the action from the match at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on December 11, 2013 in this collection.
Shahid Afridi scored an unbeaten 20-ball 39, hitting the winning six … More » Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 International
We're back with Episode 6 of your wonderful street photography. If you are a photographer, here's how you can participate. [More » Street Cricket Photography Challenge - 6
Modern cricket may have evolved to occupy huge stadia in urban centres with thousands following every movement on the field. But the great game is not just confined to full-houses , as is evident from these pictures, which show the battle between willow and leather taken to great heights, and even greater … More » Cricket In The Weirdest Places
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died peacefully at home at the age of 95 on December 5, 2013 after months fighting a lung infection, leaving his nation and the world in mourning for a man revered as a moral giant.
More » Cricketers Remember Nelson Mandela
Action images from the first Test between New Zealand and West Indies at Dunedin, December 3-7, 2013.
New Zealand were stranded an agonising 33 runs short of their first … More » 1st Test: New Zealand vs West Indies
Virender Sehwag took the West Indies bowling apart on December 8, 2011 at Indore as he became only the second man to go past 200 in One-Day Internationals at the time.
Sehwag hit 25 boundaries and 7 sixes … More » [FLASHBACK] Sehwag Gets The Highest ODI Score
Fans dress up colourfully for the second Ashes Test between Australia and England in Adelaide. More » Colourful fans at Adelaide Oval