[FLASHBACK] England whitewash India
The euphoria of winning the 2011 World Cup on home soil had hardly settled down by the time that MS Dhoni's men embarked on the tour of England, but as the Test series went on, that joy turned to disappointment as Andrew Strauss' team outwitted India in all the four Tests.
England drove the last nail into India's coffin in this series at The Oval on August 22, 2011; when they won the fourth Test by an innings and 8 runs and inflicted a 4-0 whitewash.
Ian Bell was India's chief tormentor as he scored his maiden double century and also put on a mammoth 350-runs stand with Kevin Pietersen.
Rahul Dravid's 146* in the first innings helped India make 300 for the first and only time in the series. In the second innings, Sachin Tendulkar and Amit Mishra's 144-runs partnership with Amit Mishra raised India's hopes of salvaging a draw, but the then No. 1 ranked Test team lost their last six wickets for 21 runs with Graeme Swann running through the middle and late order.
This was England's first series whitewash in seven years and also made them the new No. 1 ranked Test team. [TAG: CYCSPL]
- vs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA3rd T20IFri, Mar 14, 2014Fri, Mar 14, 2014Centurion, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
Latest Photo Albums
South Africa and Australia have been involved in some dramatic ODIs over the years. The teams were at it again on March 12, 2006 at the New Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg as a plethora of records were … More » [FLASHBACK] When South Africa chased down 435
Smith's retirement, Asia Cup wrap-up, pink balls, and more. More » Cricket Photos Of The Week 9.3.14
Action images from the second T20 International at Kensington Oval. West Indies defeated England by five wickets in Barbados to take an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. More » West Indies vs England, 2nd T20
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — March 2014
MNS chief Raj Thackeray hosted master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and singer Lata Mangeshkar at his residence on Sunday. More » Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar with Lata Mangeshkar
Action images from the third and final One-Day International of the series at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on March 5, 2014. A stroke-filled maiden century by Denesh Ramdin … More » West Indies vs England, 3rd ODI
The South African captain will retire from international cricket following the conclusion of the third Test against Australia on March 5, 2014. Smith captained South Africa in 108 Test matches, including the present match, over 11 years. Factbox on the superb leader who saw off three England captains … More » Graeme Smith calls time on international career